Hi everybody

Hi everybody,

Thought I'd drop in and just say hello. I feel guilty that I have not been posting with the same regularity as I was when Hank was still here. I want you all to know that it's not that I don't care. I'm still out here pulling for you all and wishing you success in your individual battles. I guess there are a few reasons that I hav'nt been posting very much. First, the urgency of the situation that Hank and I were in has now passed along with his passing, second, I'm am trying to remove myself from having lung cancer on my mind constantly.

I hope you understand. Caring about people with this terrible disease and donating to Lungevity will be something that I will continue to do for the rest of my life.

I am alternately doing OK, then not so OK. If I stay very busy, I seem to be able to keep plugging along. I find that the evenings here at home are the hardest. The old routine of having Hank come home from work, and eating dinner together, and being with each other is really missed. I had a major meltdown last Friday. Don't even know what brought it on. I just cried and cried. Did'nt know there was that much moisture in my head!!!! :D I really started to worry that I would never stop! Everything was wet by the time I did :D

I have started a support group sponsored by hospice of NJ, although it's not much of a group, only 2 other members who did'nt show up for the first meeting I went to last week. I'm hoping that things will improve there. I am also seeing a social worker privately once a month. My friend Holli is due to move into a house around the corner from my house at the end of the month. That's going to be great!! It's just so lonely for me here now. I have also joined another online forum. It's called Widows too young.

There are so many people out there just like myself, and I do find comfort there, as I did here from all of the caring people who share my situation.

I am beginning to truly believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I can't see it yet, but I believe it's there.

Anyway, I will be dropping in periodically to say hello, and be of support in any way that I can.

All the best,

Gail

Hi Gail. Thanks for dropping in and letting us know how you are doing. Your reasons for not being here often are so totally understandable. I am just thankful for myself and others like you that it is here when we need it. I am glad to hear you are doing okay some of the time and that you are taking active steps to more okay in the future. Continue to take good care of yourself

Sandra

Gail-

I am so glad to hear from you. Of course we understand that you may be away from time to time but remember we still consider you family and family HAS to check in now and then and let us know how they are doing.

I am so happy that your friend will be there soon. Hopefully, she will help you continue to move forward in the healing process and not allow you to be so lonely.

You take good care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Wishing you all the best and many, many hugs - Patti B.

Gail, I have always felt that you and Hank and Larry and I were on the same path. And it turned out that we lost them within a few weeks of each other.

I am so glad that your friend is moving close by. Because that is where our paths diverged. I have people around me constantly. Larry and I have a 14-year old son, my mom lives in a little house on our property, and we have a friend who serves as a caretaker for our property. So even though I miss Larry terribly, I am not alone. I have loved ones popping in and out all the time. I hope that Holli will help to ease your loneliness.

If you wouldn't mind me checking it out, please PM me about your group "Widows Too Young". I'm definitely that!!