Mom's surgery- Oct. 30th

shineladysue

My mom will be going into surgery on Thursday, Oct. 30th to have another wedge removed from her right lung. She had two removed last year and now a new spot has shown up on PET scan. She was on vent for 4 days the last time. If you have any spare prayers, my family would very much appreciate them. We are very optimistic about the outcome, but it's always scary. Knowing folks are sending good wishes and prayers is certainly a comfort. Thank you for always being here for me.

Love,

Sue

This is a very quick and brief update for now because I am one tired puppy, but MOM DID FANTASTIC!!! The surgeon was so pleased that the size of the nodule was small , like 8 mm ... initial biopsy was inconclusive, but it was in the region of the others. He made a wider margin and cleaned up the whole area resulting in half of her upper right lobe gone. Results of biopsies will be in about 3 days. In the meantime she is in ICU tonight, but taken off vent, breathing well on her own , drinking fluids and eating jello... she's really doing well. Will report more as I have more.. For now... I need some sleep.. Thanks all.

Love,

Sue