My Mom's dog

blueeye

One of the pomeranian dogs that I inherited from my parents died a little while ago. She was 11.5 years old, had a heart murmur and also a collapsing trachea. She died rather quickly while eating. She had been coughing for a few months and I knew it was coming, but it's still a shock.

She was such a special girl. Really didn't do anything wrong. My Mom was so happy when she got her. It was the dog she had always wanted. Such a happy, easy going, gentle dog. I will miss her.

Leslie

((((( Leslie )))))

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know that pets are just as much a part of the family as people are, and it is so hard to lose them. It is especially hard as it was a connection to your mom, too.

Thinking of you,

Tk

Thank you all for such kind words. I've been having a hard time lately anyway, and now to lose Sioux-Zee is doubly hard. I am holding on to the idea of Mom and Dad waiting for her at the Rainbow Bridge...thank you Susan for that image.

I decided to bury her in the backyard where she liked to nap in the sun. I will get a headstone for her and plant some flowers later.