Need Prayers for Mom! (UPDATE 11/15)

shineladysue

(((((Sue))))))

OMG!!! How did I miss all this. I am so terribly sorry.

You know I am pulling for your mom 10000000000000%. Am glad to hear it was benign. Sure hope they find the right antibiotic to knock out the infection.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Sending many hugs and prayers your way.

Love ya - Patti B.

Another quick update of sorts..

Yesterday was not a good day. Mom started getting a bit worse, blood pressure was dropping etc.. Seems she was dehydrated, plus they finally got all results from the bronchoscopy samples and determined that she is not on the proper antibiotic. Her med has now been changed. We are praying she can tolerate it. She is allergic to everything it seems. She has two different bacterial infections..one being pneumonia. We are hoping for a quick response to the new meds. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I feel bad I haven't been around to give support , but these 12 to 13 hr days at the hospital don't leave much time for anything else. Take care all. My prayers to everyone.

Love,

Sue

Oh Sue, please don't feel bad!!! We know you have your hands full right now and there is no need to feel badly!

I hope the new meds will work well and fast!!!

Keep us posted as you can and know that my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you all.

Love and hugs

Chris

The latest update is that Mom is out of ICU and on another hall. She still has her chest tube from surgery due to an air leak. We hope the leak will heal soon. She is also incredibly weak.. physical therapy is working on that part. One day at a time. Well, gotta run.. promised to be there early today.

Love,

Sue

I can't believe it when I see a calendar telling me that it is mid November. Mom went in to surgery on Oct. 30th and is still there. At present , the biggest problems are regaining strength and waiting for the airl eak in her chest tube to stop. As a family we are exhausted with the long days at the hospital. Praying for her to be sent home soon. So hard to believe she had surgery, developed pneumonia and has an air leak . It's good that she has no cancer , but at nearly, 80 years old we have watched her go from a very strong person to a weak and vulnerable one in a matter of days. I could, and may write a book about all of the good and bad experiences we have had since we have been in the hospital.

Just want all of you to know that your prayers have meant a lot and we remind mom of them every day. She says she really appreciates them .

Love to all,

Sue

Hi Sue. Thanks for the update and for letting us know that the prayers help in some small way. It is hard to believe that all of this has been going on for weeks and you all must be so exhausted. Continued prayers for improvement, making steps towards getting your mom back home, and then for her to regain some of her previous strength.

Sandra