day 4 and still nothing

MsC1210

Hi guys

First let me say I am posting from my blackberry and doing my best to make sense! Please ignore the typos.

This is day 4 of no power or phones and we honestly don't know when it will be restored. I am in western Massachusetts, in berkshire county which is on the new York and Connecticut border. We are in a small hill town and pretty remote which makes us not a priority in some ways.

We have been told we may not have power befor Christmas which will make for a strange holiday but we will make the most of it. I am just grateful we are all safe and warm and we did not suffer any property damage other than broken trees. I can handle that.

My son is still out on emergency detail with the national guard. He was able to call me last night and said the devastatio he has seen is just unreal. We have damage so severe that it will change the landscape forever. Very much like a hurricane but no wind just ice. Unbelievable!

Please keep us in your prayers and know I am thinking of you all. I know that many of you have been checking my status on facebook for updates and I will continue to post there as well.

Thank you all so much. I can say that my family and I truly know the meaning of holiday spirit. It is about love and compassion folks, not the material things.

Love hugs and blessings to all

Christine

Hi Christine. I am definitely thinking about you and sending warm wishes your way, to you, your family and all the people living through this. I am sure many acts of compassion and kindness are occurring. The kind we see all to few of but do when there is this kind of a disaster. Thanks for keeping us posted and letting us know you are ok. Continued thoughts your way.

Sandra

ps I didn't notice any typos!

I can say that my family and I truly know the meaning of holiday spirit. It is about love and compassion folks, not the material things.

That speaks Volumes right there!! dont forget the reason for the season!!! Hang in there and Sayin Prayers for YA!