Didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Kneesaa

Hi Friends,

Thought you would all get a stir out of what happened to me on Thursday. I went for my second round of chemo. I had already received the bag with the Avastin and the Taxotere. Thrid bag was the Carboplatin. I had received about one third of the dose. The Cancer Center where I receive my treatments is a bright pleasent place with a lot of chatter and cookies going around at all times. The man in the chair next to me was just finishing up his treatment and the nurse was helpinmg him to lowere the recliner. Just as the foot rest hit the floor, my chemo bag exploded and as I looked up the chemo was raining down on me. Of course it had nothing to do with the guys recliner, it was just the timing. Talk about excitment. I got a little in my eye and it splashed all over my face. All they could do was throw me a wet wash cloth until they could get their gear on to come near me and unhook me to get me to the eye wash station. The scariest part is that the nurse that happened to be walking by had the finish taken right off the watch she was wearing. My face and eye survived and now I am the talk of the center. Only me could this happen to. I had to go back on Friday to finish treatment with a guess on how much to give me. I was just very greatful that they didn't make me go out in the parking lot and get squirted off . I had to have my clothes put in a haevy bag and was instructed to wash them in very hot water Can you imageion calling my husbad and telling hime to bring me new clothes and a coat with all the excitment going on in the background????? Good sign or bad? We are laughing today.

Hugs to you All, Kneesaa

Well that may be a first Kneesaa!! At least you had a laugh out of it and folks at the clinic will probably be repeating that story for years to come all the while getting a chuckle out of it. LOL I'm sure your husbands telling of the story of your phone call requesting cloths, will also get a few laugh's. So as long as you are physically OK, everyone will laugh about it for year's to come. LOL

Wow Kneesaa ... I have never heard of that happening either. Bizarre. I am glad that you are ok - it could have been so much worse. I am sure they won't wonder why you are wearing sunglasses (and perhaps a Hazmat suit :) ) for good measure for your next treatment! Smooth sailing from here Kneesaa!

Linda

WOW! I'm SO glad you're OK! And also that you have such a great sense of humor :lol:

But my goodness....the chemo taking the finish off a watch...that right there is a VERY serious tribute to anyone who has ever had chemo, and their bravery. It creates a very clear picture of the guts/balls/mojo it takes to have chemo!

You GO girl! Your story made me laugh and blew my mind at the same time!

xoxox

Linda

Wow! Here's a laugh/sob! What a scary thing! The chemo taking the finish off the watch reminded me of the email that went around about putting coke in the crapper to get rid of buildup. Yikes!

Sounds like your sense of humor survived intact. Bless you!