Patty Gottlieb

Kerri Gottlieb

My Mom died at home 2 weeks ago (Feb. 15). It was really peaceful, like she just forgot to take a breath. Hospice was amazing.

My job as a caretaker is over and I'm finding it difficult to even have the energy to look for a new job. My Dad and I (Mom's main caregivers) joined a Bereavement Support group through our church that started today. Unlike everyone else who can go back to their lives, it's different for us. For me, I guess I just feel a little lost. But I know it is only temporary. At least I have my husband. I cannot even imagine how my Dad feels.

Just wanted to thank you all for the hope and info that you gave to both my Mom and myself for the last year and a 1/2.

Without this message board and the people here, we never would have made it through this process.

((((((Kerri))))))

I am so deeply saddened by this message. Your mom and I had that "connection" altho we only spoke occassionally. I had been thinking about her.

You were the most amazing daughter to her and her love for you always shone through on all her messages.

Please continue to come here for support. PM me if you need to talk.

I am so sorry.

Hugs - Patti B.

Kerri - I am so sad to hear about your mom. She had such a beautiful personality - every time I see that picture of the two of you I smile as the love just radiated from the both of you.

I am glad that hospice was a good experience for your family and that your mom passed gently. I hope the Bereavement group helps you all through the difficult days ahead.

Again, my sincere condolences on your profound loss.

Hugs,

Linda

Hi Kerri. I am saddened to hear of your sweet mom. I am glad her passing was peaceful. Although you didn't post her that often, I do remember your posts and your love for your mom. You were such a great support to her. My heartfelt condolences to you and your dad.

Sandra

Kerri, my sincere condolences to you and your father for your loss. So many people have depended on hospice to ease the passing of loved ones. I am so glad they were able to serve your mother and your family well in your time of need. I just recently heard a man talk about a grieving group and how much it helped him face the loss of his wife. I hope yours will do the same for you and your father.

Judy in Key Wes

Hi Kerri,

I'm new here and haven't read any of your posts until this one about your mom passing and was so touched. (My mom is in the very beginning stages of diagnosis.) I'm so sorry for your loss. You both look so beautiful in the picture posted here. I wish you and your dad peace. I will pray for you both. Hugs!

Annie

• 1 month later...

Kerry...I am sorry I just got to this post...never the less I did want to tell you I was very saddened to hear of your Mom's passing...She was such a beautiful woman inside and out...and you were such a loving care taker....I know you miss her very much but think how much she appreciated you and loved you....Take heed...you will see her again...and until then know how much you were loved...

Take care ...and Blessing to your DAd...

hugs...nonni