Taking a Break

jaminkw

I've read posts where people said they needed to take a break from the site. I never understood that need before but now I'm there.

I have been feeling uncharacteristically down for awhile now. I need to figure it out and I think that means taking some time off from what has become my community here, my family. I know I am afraid. I'm going into five months off treatment by my own choice. I've been here and on cancergrace.org long enough to know I am not unique in going into remission following Carboplatin/Taxol/Avastin infusions. I've encountered a number of people now who have and who have also had the cancer return, often in short-time. I've lost a good measure of that "can do" spirit and know that is not good.

Coming on this site used to lift me up. There was a seemingly perfect blend of seriousness and levity. Now I usually just wind up feeling sad. It's not any one thing but it didn't help me to hear of Carole's death. She is the first person who has died that I am aware joined after I did--someone I interacted with early on and talked to on the phone. I think that was just the kicker.

I don't know how long I will be gone. What I do know is that I'll be back. I could never abandon this site. Take care all. I will "see you" again sometime, hopefully sometime soon.

Judy in Key West

Dearest Judy,

All of our journey's take twists and turns, sometimes unexpectedly. It sounds like you are honoring your inner self and that it a wonderful thing. You will be missed, but need to do what is right for you for however long you need.

We will all be here with open arms and hearts when you decide the time is right.

Hugs,

Barbvh

Judy,

Thank you for your warm welcome and kind counsel. I can understand the feelings completely and I am not even through treatment yet! There's always something new on this road. Hope your travels off road are very smooth.

Stephanie

Judy - it is good that you are listening to your inner feelings and taking a step back for as long as you need. Carole's passing was definitely hard to digest - I still can't believe she won't be chiming in with her words of wisdom and keen sense of humour.

I hope the spark returns to you soon Judy and that some time away will rejuvenate that "can do" spirit. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Linda