Have To Pay My Oncologist A Visit Again...

luvmydog2

I was hopeing I would never be writing this. My oncologist discharged me June 2008. He told me as far as he was concerned I was cured. It has been a little over 6 years now sience my left lung was removed. I was in the hospital twice in June. I spent 6 days the last time for pneumonia. That was no fun. My fever went to 104 before I was admitted. Everone agreed something was going on. My lung doctor did a bronscopy on my lung to take a look at whatever was there. He came back with good news that he did not see anything but did biopsy anyway. The results came back negative...NO CANCEROUS CELLS. My white blood count is around 30 which is extremly high. Follow up visit 2 weeks later showed less but still high. My PCP wants oncologist to take a look at possible cancer elsewhere. I am tired and weak and have been sience before going to doctor.

As some of you may remember, I have never been to the beach and have never saw the ocean. I AM going this month before I see the oncologist. Hopefully it is nothing but something is not right. Will post more later.

Bruce,

My diagnosis is that you are suffering from lack of ocean air. Get thee to the nearest ocean and sink your toes in the sand. Search for shells, don't catch crabs (hehehe) and enjoy yourself.

Then, my deepest wish for you, head home to find out that you are still just suffering through the effects of pneumonia and with some antibiotics all will be well.

My thoughts are with you,

Becky

Bruce, your cancer was before my time but I agree with the others. Seeing the ocean is worth it. Hope it's somewhere where there is surf. That's what I miss in Key West, the NJ waves that crash onto the beach.

Hope further testing comes out in a positive light. Keep us posted.

Judy in Key West

((((((Bruce)))))

This is one of the few places on earth where we wish our frineds an infection of some type but thats what I am wishing for you. Sounds pretty good that the biopsy came back negative.

Enjoy the ocean and let us know what they tell you when you get back. Will be thinking of you!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

The ocean breeze and the sound of the waves is quite therapeutic, Bruce. I can't wait to hear all about it from you when you return. I just love it. As to the rest, well, life is just one big crap shoot. But I'm feeling the dice will roll in your favor, friend. Lots can be happening and not be cancer. I'm hanging onto that and I DO truly believe it. So as Snowfllake said ~ get thee to the ocean and then get thee back here to let us all breathe a sigh of relief that you 'only' have some pneumonis or other terrible malady. Only here, huh, is that a good thing! I'm rooting for ya, Bruce!

Kasey