Roll Call

lilyjohn

I see that the last time Connie's roll call was posted on was back in June. Now in honor of Lung Cancer Awareness month I would like to request another roll call.

As I read through the rolls from before I see many who are no longer with us. My heart aches that there are so many but I know that there are many out there other than the ones I know about. So please survivers come here and be counted.

I believe that if the public could ever see that people do survive they may not be so afraid to be associated with Lung Cancer. I really believe that fear along with the stigma of smoking are 2 of the main reasons that people just don't want to give us the publicity and support that we need.

Stand up and be counted. Let's show the world that Lung Cancer is a people disease and people do survive, that statistics are meant to be changed and it is our intention to see that one day soon statistics will give 100% survival :!:

Lily,

Bill and I are here with one day short of one month to go to annouance his five-year survival. Thank you, God.

It's been a ride, but very doable.

:D:D:D

Today, our granddaughter, Nadia, is in hospital receiving induced labor (due to toxemia issues) and the good Lord Willing, they will announce that we have become GREATgrandparents of a sweet baby girl, Katelyn Marie Elizabeth. :lol::lol:

Isn't life great?

We have spent most of the day praying for a good outcome.

Barbara and Bill

Lillian,

I think Judy and Deb covered roll call very well in the General Forum and the Early Stage Forum. We had a very good reply from members of LCSC.

It's always great to hear from those that are beating this beast, be it late stage or early stage. No matter what we all stand together in this battle.

I wish us all good luck and God bless us all who are on this journey, and I hope we hear alot more good stories from those who are surviving. :wink:

God Bless to All,

Connie

Thank you, Lily. Our greatgranddaughter arrived on the scene today, and is 5.1 lbs. and 18 inches long. She was supposed to be born early in December.

She is so sweet. Joe, her Dad, just sent us the announcement and the photo. I will tell Bill in the morning. Right now, he is off in the Land of Nod.

What a wonderful day today was. The town came by and planted two young trees on the north side (near curb). One is a fringe tree and the other, a plum.

I guess we won't be forgetting what date they were installed. :lol::lol::lol:

Barbara

Lily,

Since I never can figure out if I'm an early-late stager or a late-early stager, I'll post on your generic roll call.

I'm here, surviving more than lung cancer and pretty sure that if I don't suffer from stress I must be a carrier... :wink:

I don't see anything wrong with affirming survivorship in more than one place, that's the good news part!

Wonderful baby news, Barb, congratulations. Hopefully mom and baby are thriving and won't have any delays to heading home soon.

Just a short note to say that in all the excitement, I forgot to say that Mother and Baby are doing very well. :D:D:D

Bill is so glad he has survived to see this day. It's been very blessed. I showed him the beautiful photo of KayMarie.

Keeping hope alive - always, :):):)

Barbara

Hi...just wanted to say congrat's on your new grand child...life is good...

Also list me as a greatful 5+ year survivor of BAC...LC...PRAISE GOD !!!

And yes I agree...doesn't matter where or when a roll call for survivors are posted...many didn't see the post (like me) and will post again....

God Bless Us All....and hugs to everone

xoxox...Nonni

Lily,

I haven't posted for a long time, but want to let you know my husband is doing great! He was diagnosed in October 2005. Not sure if anyone remembers me but Tom had cancer, a stroke, and a truck run over his legs all within six months time (my mother always said everything happens in 3s). No chemo or radiation since early 2006. Has met with his oncologist and pulmonary doctor every six months and we are very blessed that NED is hanging around.

Mary

• 1 month later...