rockin' Tarceva

ts

8 weeks, first scan - clean lungs and liver!

Next scan and doc visit in February, as long as the side effects remain manageable and no symptoms of lc.

While waiting for my scan results, I attended Dr. West's program at Gilda's Club yesterday (free lunch too!) My take away, if I heard it right, was from Dr. Tsao from MD Anderson. She was adamant that they will find a cure for adenocarcinoma - it sounded close! I wish I had been able to stick around and ask questions about her proclamation.

• 3 months later...

And another 3 months and here I am. Another good scan and another 3 months till the next one. Viva Tarceva!

Celebrating with a retreat this coming week - rest and relaxation, yoga, meditation, labyrinth walking...but I'll miss my sweetie and you all.

• 3 months later...

Another scan - another nothing remarkable - who knew that was good?

Lungs stable. Liver stable and smaller lesions not visible - either Tarceva resolved them or just different scanners (compared with previous facility.)

I graduated to a SIX month return. I hope I can stay out of the doctors' offices that long for all the other junk too.

Even had a glass of wine with dinner out this evening.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! I am so happy for your "nothing remarkable" and that you get a six month break from this cancer crap!

I heard that wine is great for the heart (or at least that is what I keep telling myself :) ) so I hope you thoroughly enjoyed that wine with dinner.

Hugs,

Linda

Stephanie, congratulations on your scan! Don't know how I missed this. Your deserved that glass of wine. That scanner that didn't show the smaller lesions, think I could use it when they rescan my abdominal thickenings lol. Six months between scans, how great is that!

Judy in KW