Three Years Today!

fillise

Today is the 3rd anniversary of mom's Dx.

Needless to day, three years ago I did not think she would still be with us today. But she is and she seems to be doing well with the lower dose of the Tarceva. She still has some rash but not as bad. She has more energy and there is much less coughing. She is feeling pretty good these days and I am very grateful.

Susan

Susan - somehow I just knew when you said your mom was using the WII fit and enjoying herself to the fullest that she would still be here amazing everyone. She is something and no matter the peaks and valleys she still manages to keep that wonderful spirit. I am glad her cough is diminishing and her energy is high - she is an inspiration to so many!

Linda

Forgot to say - CONGRATULATIONS! I am now wondering if I goofed and it wasn't your mom with the WII fit - the older I get the worse my memory is getting. Anyhow, regardless of the details, I am over the moon happy that things are good for her right now.

Take care,

Linda

Linda---you are not losing your mind. Mom did indeed ask for (and got) a Wii Fit for her birthday last year. Whew! You can relax a little bit now. :lol:

Mom is still doing well with the Tarceva, but the diarreha has kicked in now. Taking immodium seemd to help and it doen't make her sick, stuff just moves through quickly. She thinks her rash is starting to calm down a bit using Ned's good tips for management.

Susan

Susan - glad to know I haven't completely lost it! :)

BTW, when my MIL was going through her cancer treatment last year she had a horrible time with diarrhea. The immodium didn't seem to help, but an old fashioned remedy given to her by her best friend helped immensely - it was cornstarch and water. Now there is likely no study to back this up, but it sure worked for her.

Linda