there's something there :-(

Joppette

Well, optimism is always the best way to go. So I went to the Onc. fully expecting NED again. This is my new Onc., which I like, by the way. He asked lots of questions about how I was feeling, any new pains? Any other strange things going on? How did I tolerate Chemo the last time?????????

He examines me, and then says "well, we found something new on the CT scan. It's very tiny, only 3 mm, but it wasn't there before."

He said they must watch this as it looks suspicious. No wonder the big time questions!

They want to scan again and have me see him again in May. My insurance runs out in April. So the technician scheduled for both the CT scan and Doctor appointment for the last week in April so we can get both covered by insurance.

It's in my right upper lobe this time.

So I'm not going up North with Hubby and his friends. I really didn't want to because of this cold, cough thing going on. I truly just don't feel good yet. And now.....................

I just want to curl up on the couch in my blankie, and watch stupid TV and be quiet. And that's what I'm going to do.

I'm so glad I found this place, when I did. You guys are amazing in the support you give, and I really appreciate you, more than you'll ever know.

Judy in MI

I wish I could curl up on the other end of the couch so you would not be alone - I like stupid television. There has to be something you can do about continuing the insurance - aren't there some cobra laws even when a company closes that would allow you to pay (although high) the premiums - at this point it would be worth it. My heart is breaking for you - you will be in my thoughts and prayers - I'll be one of the ones here for you!

Annette

I LOVE stupid TV...........epecially with good friends!!! Just FYI, Judy ~ 1-1/2 years ago (or maybe it was 2) 'something' showed up for me too. It was too little to do a thing about so I was scheduled, as you, for a rescan in 3 months. Guess what???? Gone in the next scan. Turns out it was an 'artifact' :| ! Ever hear of that???? Anyhow, after some research and replies from some very smart people from here, I learned what it was. No worry. So keep that optimism going -until that next scan.

Let me know what shows you're tuned into ~ we can watch together in different places. Sounds good to me!

Kasey

Since I had my chemo early this round (due to the Monday holiday), I'll be couching it with my blanket and stupid tv too this weekend. You better have a big couch for all the company. What are we having for snacks?

May the little something remain a little nothing.

And do find a way to get yourself some insurance - that's just not a stress you need. I know it varies by state, but I went from company insurance to private last year without much trouble. And my insurance costs the same as someone without a pre-existing condition, no exceptions. But I had to start it within 60 days of my previous insurance termination.

Judy, many of us have had your experience. For the last 5 years I've gone through this once or twice a year. It is always possible that it is something that will be bigger at your next scan. That even happened to me once. Most of the time, for lots of people, it's what Kasey referred to as an artifact. Hope that is your case, too.

Prayers.

Muriel

Ok Ginny and Annette, we'll girlfriend it up today :-)

I'm so glad I didn't go up North with Hubby and friends. I still have this wretched cold, and I knew it was going to turn into a wonderful time for them, but more than I could have endured.

They went up last night, and drove way out of their way to go to one of our favorite restaurants. They didn't get up there until late, and then went to hear a band play. They got up early to do their radio show. And now they are heading out on the ice to grill brats, jerky, and other goodies. The ice fishing competition is all day today. They will grill, and fish, and laugh and have a great time. If I was there, I would not have been able to do all of this.

I am happy thinking about how much fun they are having! And I'm still in my jammies. But the sun is shining so beautifully. It's only 28 out but gorgeous.

So Ginny I'll take you up on that short walk! Is it warmer where you are? I'll come your way.

Annette, Lifetime for Women has a good one on tonight. Let's watch it!

Judy in MI

Judy - I had a suspicious something or other show up a year ago last September - worried myself sick for 3 months - next scan it was gone.

A couch, blanket and stupid TV sounds wonderful - I love Notebook! and HAVE to have popcorn with lots of butter and salt - think I will join all of you tonight if I may.

Diane

I sure hope and pray that new thing turns out to be scar tissue or an artifact or something that is not important. In the meantime I will enjoy stupid tv with you. I even enjoy some of the stupid tv commercials. Praying for you!

Carol

I'll be spending plenty of time today doing the stupid tv thing.

Keep in mind this thing is very small, and there are lots of possibilities for things this small, plus scans aren't very dependable when it comes to identifying anything so small.

So, it's very possible this doesn't amount to anything. Let's hold that thought for a while.

Count me in on the stupid t.v. party. And yes--what shows shall we tune into?

I so hope that what they saw ends up being an artifact or something else easily explained and not scary. I'm praying for you, sending you a hug, and hope you're taking deep breaths and snuggling in warm under those comfy blankets.

Judy, I've been MIA this weekend because my daughter and grandson were here. I'm sorry I missed this and am sorrier yet that you have to go thru this. I definitely can empathize. Been going thru the maybes maybes yes we are pretty sure maybe more well....It's the worst but I know you'll get off that couch when your are feeling better physically and find some positive way to do the wait. That's the worst. You got more than you need on your plate right now. So glad you had the friends here gathering round you this weekend.

Judy in KW

Judy,

Been away from the board for a bit, so sorry to be late with my reply. I remember times when my hubby had things appear and disappear on scans as well. Hang in there and make those "stupid tv" shows funny ones. Stay as positive as you can until there is evidence to show that it's more than an artifact ... and even then I know you will approach whatever in a positive way. I'm just so sorry you have to be worried like this.

Hugs,

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Try not to stress about the nodule.... that is so common and most of the time scar tissue or something else and many times it will not show up on the next CT...

Don't think at this point you are still curling up and watching "stupid" tv, but next time you do let me know and I will join you... meanwhile, just enjoy life the best you can and put that litlle nodule out of your mind as its probably nothing.

take care,

Maryanne :wink: