DREAMS ????

Ann

Since Dennis' death, I have so often prayed before going to sleep at night , that I would dream of Dennis. I felt this would give me a chance to see him and even interact with him...just one more time. Pray as hard as I could, I just could not seem to dream about him in the beginning. Then, finally there was one dream...at least I think I was sleeping. Then, later a second dream! This one was wonderful, as we were actually conversing with each other! Then, there were no more. It was as if there was never to be another dream. Then...last night!!! What a joy! It was just like old times. We talked, we laughed. I asked him how it was that he was back and he explained that he was always coming back but it just took a while to make it here. I woke up with a smile on my face! I hope some of you have had the same experience and can relate to what I am speaking of. Isn't it amazing how something as simple as a dream can rekindle such feeling and bring back so many memories? When Dennis was fighting this monster, I prayed to God for a miracle. Now, once again tonight, I will merely pray for a dream!!!

Yes, Ann, I too have had 1 dream so far with Doug. It was wonderful and so realistic. I know what you mean. I loved spending the time with him and keep hoping he'll come back. Somehow, I think he will. For me, and for you, and for all of us, may we always have our dreams.

Betty

Now that I dream of Mike with me, the chimes stopped,

when he was bedridden I had chimes for him to ring day or night

if I was not in the room with him and he needed me.

After he died I put them away in a cupboard and when

I had visitors they would ring ??????? nobody could explain why

no batteries in........and they still rang.

Now, no more chimes only the dreams, I like the dreams better.

J.C.

Wow,

A couple of nights ago I had a dream about mother and couldn't believe it. It was the first one since her death. It was so real I was amazed. She looked beautiful and healthy and didn't stop smiling. When I saw her I knew she had passed away and someone (where ever I was in the dream) said that sometimes people come back if they're not okay with something. So my mother came up to me and said she came back because she wanted to make sure my father was okay. (Before she died that was her biggest concern as my mother did everything). I told her that Dad was okay and we were watching out for him.....and then she said "you know, I didn't want to die" and I thought I can't believe she said that again because this is what tormented all of us when she was alive, she always said that she wasn't ready to go. So I said to her (in the dream) well now that you have died is it okay....and she said "yes".

Then just as I was getting ready to ask her what it is like where she is....she started to die all over again....thank God I woke up at that point.

It was amazing to see her. I can't wait until the next dream. It really is a way to see them again.

Kim

Hi Palm Bay and Stuart,

I'm just down the road. I know what you mean about the dreams. I had the worst nightmare about my mom who recently lost her husband (Sam). It is so hard to watch her being so sad, plus she is in Atlanta. Thankfully our family and friends have keept up with the visits and calls. Plus she is now on this site. She's not chatting, but she is reading. She said she'll scream if she hears, " it just takes time" one more time.

Hi, Florida ladies..I'm just a little futher down the road. I'm in Hollywood. Laura, I'm so sorry you are having nightmares. Hopefully, they will turn into good dreams soon. My dream, and Ann's and Grix's and J.C.'s were such wonderful happy times. I know I didn't want mine to end, but it did and I woke up feeling so peaceful. I hope you can have those dreams, too. But if your dreams are of your mom, whom I know is very sad right now, it may take a while to remember the good times and share them in your dreams. Are you Dr. Sam's step-daughter? If so, you must know how much all of us loved him and miss his wise counsel. I do hope for you happy dreams in the future. And I hope I have many more.

Best wishes and happy dreams to all of us who have lost a loved one.

Betty

Laura, please tell your mom, or hopefully she's browsing and will see this herself. I'm getting really hard of hearing that, too. I know everyone means well and they don't know what else to say, but I know, and your mom knows, that time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds. We will get through this somehow and someday we may feel a little less raw, but the pain will be with us for a very long time. I can only pray for peace, strength and love for all of us and believe that God has a purpose for us and will show us the way out of this.

My hope and prayers are with you and your mom.

Betty

Shirley!

Lordy, girl, I think you're seeing my life in your dreams! Hubby and I have an insider thing where I can't do (fill in the blank) because "I'm pregnant"...then he answers back with what HE can't do because he's pregnant... We're both a little heavy, and men carry that weight right out front, so although we are both "pregnant", he's due before me!

How very weird....told him I couldn't WAIT to see how he got through labor! LOL

The dreams...well, I went to a medium with my hubby a few months after I lost my dear grandfather... Through the medium, my grandfather told me that he comes to me in my dreams - and he has, just not lately. I need to get rid of all the darn day-to-day stresses that are playing out in my dreams so I can get back to the important ones - fishing with Grampa, bike riding with Grampa...

Life is truly a very strange thing....

Becky

Katie this may sound off the wall but here goes. Talk to him. Tell him what you want and keep an open mind. Notice little things that may not seem like anything to someone else but they may mean something to you or your mom. When you go to bed at night ask him to please come and visit with you. Tell him that you need to see him. It may take a while but just keep it up and keep your eyes open! Wishing you loving dreams soon. Lillian

Kathie

The last thing I do at night is talk to Mike

and tell him of my day and thank him for it,

the same way we alwayd did,

and the dreams are there often with near

suggestions of what I should do.

Very often people have no recollection when

they wake up of the dreams they had.

Just open your mind to the dreams if they

come and you may remember.

J.C.

Hey Vero Beach...Stuart...and Hollywood....maybe we should all get together soon and have a LCSC visit. That would be really nice!!!

Dear sweet Katie....I wanted to dream of Dennis for so many nights before it ever happened. I had almost given up. A dear friend of mine used to tell me that Dennis would come to me in dreams when he thought I was healed enough to handle the visits. At the time, I thought she was nuts..but no longer. Maybe your Dad is waiting until he knows you and your Mom are ready!!! But...like Lillian said...keep asking him to come!!! I assure you, dreams are yet to come your way!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had another dream about my mom last night. This time she was with me at some sort of party. We knew the next day that she was going to die and she wasn't happy about it. As the time drew near. She started crying really hard and I did as well. I remembered what a friend told me and I told her in a whisper, because I was crying so hard I could not speak, "Do you know what Kathy Z. told me? She said that when we all die, we will see our loved ones again....God promised." My mom said Okay and I said to her "so we will be together again...he promised". I woke up at that point.

I really need to keep a journal of these.

Kim

Kim, So I woke up this morning thinking about last night, I had another dream about my dad; I wanted to post about it, but knew that this post was older and wasn't sure I wanted to 're open' it-then I saw YOUR POST and was so glad!!!

The dream was that I was at my parents house and my dad was in bed, he was dead, but then just opened his eyes-and I was so happy, I said, "its you, you're really here" and I held his face in my hands. I didn't stop or let go for a long while. Daddy just smiled and said, "yeah, I'm here, I got to come back for a while." and we were both so happy. Then his best friend, Binny came along (Binny died, too, about 9 years ago, also of lung cancer) anyway, we were all so happy to be together.

Then the dream got weird, not bad weird, confusing weird. There was this cute white and grey cat, it was very friendly and calm. It was as if it came with Dad. My dog started to chase it, so I went to put him downstairs, and block him in. Then the dog turned into a cute little boy, about 1 or 2 years old. He had blonde hair and chubby cheeks and was teasing the cat, not being mean, just playful. So, I picked up the little boy and scolded him a bit. I have no idea who this little boy was...he was adorable, though. Daddy seemed satisfied when I picked him up and he left the cat alone. Then I woke up....then I realized. When my dad was first Dx in January 2002, about 2 weeks after his Dx, I had a miscarraige. It was VERY EARLY into the pregnancy. Only about 9 or 10 weeks. Honestly with all that was going on at the time, you know the shock and fear when he was first diagnosed, and he was in the hospital, and we were trying to make arrangements for my Great Grandfather to come live with us. So the pregancy wasn't exactly a happy thing, at the time it was just SO STRESSFUL. Then I thought, and I might be reading too much into this, but maybe it was a way to let me know that 'the baby' was ok and with my dad. You see, I NEVER told my parents about the pregnancy or miscarriage-I was too upset and nervous to talk about the pregnancy, and wasn't feeling any symptoms of it-so I kinda felt like something was wrong-then when I miscarried, I didn't want to upset anyone-so it was a good thing that I hadn't told anyone-since things didn't work out.

Anyway, I have had several dreams about my dad, and they are always that he comes to 'visit' because 'they' allow him to, and we are always happy. I wake up happy and then sad that I woke up. It feels so real. I really felt like I was holding his face in my hands, I just kept saying 'its you! You're here! I love you, Daddy!"

So, thats it. In the meantime, just trying to adjust to life outside of the dreams. The waves of sadness 'ebb and flow' and I try to ride the wave, but it ain't always easy.

Take care, deb

Deb- I got the chills when you talked about your dream. How terrific and I don't think you are reading too into things. I still haven't had a dream about my mom. My Dad has...which I'm really happy with.

I did have something really neat happen to me though. My husband and I took my Dad to Las Vegas last Thursday to Saturday to get him away from reality. Well, just getting there, I sit at a machine, push the button, out pops a royal flush of hearts and I won $1,000. I swear it was my mom. It would have been totally her style. It's just like her to ask the powers that be to just let her do this one thing for me so we can have a good weekend. My mom use to always want to give me money to gamble with when we'd go to Lake Tahoe and we'd fight about it...I'd always say I'm not taking your money and it would always end up in my pocket or my purse some how. Anyways, I sat there smiling waiting for the attendant to pay me. Everyone around me asked why I wasn't screaming. I said it was because I wasn't surprised. My Dad came over and the first thing he though was that it came from my mom. He said, "and how ironic that it's a flush of hearts." That was the most comforting moment. I'm still waiting for a dream though. I have been having a lot of cold sweats lately at night. I'm wondering if I'm having nightmares or something.

I have been okay for a few days. I actually felt more normal than I have in months, but then I found an email from my mom yesterday and it hit me so hard that she's gone. I guess that's how this process is. I can't tell if I'm in denial, still in shock or if I've already done most of my grieving. This board helps so much.

I lost my Mom 12 years ago to cancer and while I know she is "gone" she will never be GONE as long as I remember her. I see so much of her in what I am doing now and even in my daughter as she gets older. It's sort of scary actually, lol.

I looked in the mirror the other morning and literally jumped back because I was sure it was my Mom looking back. The funny thing is I look a lot more like my Dad than I ever did like my Mom! Guess she was pasing through and wanted to say howdy!!

I am sure that both my parents watch over me and my family. I know that when my time comes I will be re-united with them in God's Heaven and it will be perfect.

God Bless,

MO

Katie - Please know that your dad will come visit you when he feels you are ready. I read through the other posts here and I agree that those we love visit us almost daily, we just have to be very aware of the signs they are sending us. Jesse and you were very close and he knows what you can handle and for whatever reason, heknows now is not the time. In my heart, I believe he sent you Kennedy to help fill the void that was left by his departing, I think she is your gift. Much Love, Sharon