Forever Grateful

David A

Jan. 15, 2003 I joined this site, actually found it a little earlier when it was at a different address.

Thorough my first diagnosis in 2002, every setback put me in a deep dark depression, and I beat myself up about smoking, didn't have anyone I could relate too, as cancer doesn't seem to run in my family, attended a support group when I could but it only met once a month for an hour, and most of the folks were at least ten years older then I.

Finding this website and message board has been an absolute God-send for me, I have people I can relate too, folks who have been there, done that, many many friends who I feel are some of the most compassinate people in the world. I have had many set back since they found more cancer, I still get some depression, not nearly as severe, I know I'm not alone or the only person who has this damn disease.

Want to thank each and everyone of you(DaveG too) for being there and here, this is a very important place for me to be.

God bless everyone(DaveG too) and know that each and everyone of you and your family's are in my prayers(DaveG too).

No Strangers here only friends we haven't met yet!

David A

I think we should be thanking you for being here also David. You certainly keep us entertained with bad jokes and stupid dog polls. You have given as much as you've taken for sure. I will always be forever grateful that we became friends. You have helped me so much with this journey we're on and from the very bottom of my heart I want to say thank you.

Love, Rochelle

Hey. I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoys the playful back and forth banter that graces many of these posts, more often than not started by David A, but sometimes (DaveG too). It's nice to have such a large extended family to lean on. Thanks David A for being a big part of that. Take care.

David P.

Hey DAVE, !!

Well said, and so true!!! :):) So very gratefull not to have to do this alone!! Very happy to know you Dave! and to be a part of each others journey.

Good to be a SURVIVOR today!!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

This board has been my lifeline. And David you have helped me many times with answers to my questions.

The jokes and give and take are soooooooo important. I am driving the Duke crazy by saying smile. He gets the most sour expression and I keep telling him that a smile on his face may help put a smile in his heart.

This is one rotten journey. But friends like all here make it oh so much more bearable. Let us all smile for each other every day and hope we all can feel a smile (and maybe a giggle) in our hearts.

But then, of course, Doggie Grant gives us all a big laugh.

Love ya, David,

Ginny