Lobectomy tomorrow -11/29/18

Robb676

Hello, Robb.  My 70 year old mother had right lower lobe lobectomy in Sept.  Her surgeon said she came through like a champ.  We both wish you a good outcome and speedy recovery as well.      Joy 

At 71, I had upper right lobe removed through VATS (video assisted thorasic surgery). Surgery was on a Friday. I was released on Sunday. Any questions and issues I had were posted here. I received a lot of good advice. Wishing you a smooth surgery and good recovery. We're here for you.

Hi Robb,

You probably won't see this until after your surgery but we're all thinking of you.  Although I'm a decade younger, but I live alone as well and I went through pneumonectomy this May (they took out my entire right lung), came home after 3 days and recovered fine.  Getting used to functioning with 1 lung took me a while, but with lobectomy, you won't feel the difference (so my surgeon said about lobectomy vs pneumonectomy).

Sending you prayers, healing thoughts, good vibes... whichever you prefer, I'm sending you all :)

Keep us posted.

MB

It went very well. The Dr said he took out a mass the size of a 1-1/2 fists

There isn't much pain thanks to the morphine drip button I get to push whenever I want to 

Robb,

So glad they were successful at removing that entire mass!! Now you can focus on recuperation!

Hope you feel better each day!

Ro

Guest Robb676

The breathing's not getting any better ,that is why I'm still in ICU. The lung doctor does know what is going on . Any thing I do I run out of breath,from, the  bed to the chair I run out of breath which is not right.

After completing radiation in October, I got pneumonia. My breathing was challenged. I couldn't use breathing exercisers.  So, I would breathe in through nose as deeply as I could....breathe out through pursed lips.  Hopefully, they figure out what is compromising your breathing.

Well I got aspiration pneumonia in the other lung that has COPD. If I new this would be the results of it I would have  never had the surgery!!!!  I have always been able to breathe fine and now I can't move from the bed to the chair without gasping for air. I feel that myl ife is ruined  now.

I hope you feel improvement soon. I had pneumonia twice this year and it took 5 to 7 weeks to believe I'ld come out of it. There is improvement now. I pray you feel improvement soon.

I'm sorry to hear about that pneumonia! I understand why you feel discouraged. But hang in there. It may take a while, but i'm optimitic you'll recover and have your life back.

Archived