Monica

Monica72

Hello my name is Monica. I am 47 years old ex smoker.

I have been diagnosed with stage 4 NSCLC adenocarcinoma with EGFR positive, T790M, PDL1 20% and RET. Had pulmonary emboli October 10 (also the day of official diagnosis) and pericardial tamponade followed by pericardial window surgery.

After that I was given Tagrisso for 9 months.

2 months ago I started Cisplatin/Alimta/Keytruda. 

This Friday will be my 3 round after which I'll have CT scan.

Hello @Monica72.  I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I’m 43, never smoker, diagnosed in February.  The only treatment I’ve undergone so far is a right upper lobe lobectomy.  It sounds like you’ve been through a lot in the last month.  I’m glad you found this group.  It will provide a lot of support and give you the opportunity to do the same for others.  

Welcome Monica,

How are you doing so far with chemo and Keytruda?  For most, the immunotherapy is pretty tolerable alone, it is chemo that seems to cause the worst side effects. 

My mom was on a similar regimen - alimta/carbo/keytruda.  She had 7 cycles of all 3 drugs and then proceeded to Keytruda alone.  She has adenocarcinoma as well, but no EGFR.   Many people, like my mom, benefit from the immunotherapy + chemo combo.  I hope it does the trick for you too.

Take care,

Steff

Monica,

Oh my, you've already had a boat-load of treatment. As Steff mentioned, Keytruda in combination with conventional chemotherapy can be a very effective treatment and I do hope it is for you.

I'm crossing my fingers for your forthcoming scan and really hope the treatment shows a positive impact on your tumors.

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Monica.  If you ever feel like you would like to connect one on one with someone going through similar treatment, LUNGevity has the LifeLine program that will match you with a peer mentor. Here is information about the program:  https://lungevity.org/for-patients-caregivers/support-services/peer-to-peer-mentoring/lungevity-lifeline

Hi Monica,

Whew...you've been going through a lot, haven't you.  Well, welcome to the site.  I joined here in April and can't tell you what a Godsend it has been to me.  You'll find fellowship and some super support here.  We're all pulling for you.

Lou

Archived