KRAS news

Sillycat1957

• 2 months later...

On the front page of today’s Business & Finance Section Wall Street Journal, there is an article about the biotechnology company Amgen.  The headline reads, “Amgen Steps up New Drug Search”.   
The reporter writes, “Amgen is increasing its spending on research..to bring new breakthrough medicines to market...including one to take aim at KRAS”.   Probably old news to  the KRAS Forum but great to see this in mainstream media!

Yes, they are the company that is working on KRAS G12C.

So far, no company has come forward with a treatment for KRAS G12D..We are all waiting and hoping!

• 1 year later...

Adenocarcinoma Lung stage IV with KRAS-Mutation KRAS G12s, there is no specific therapy yet, I started a trial last Monday, hope it will work, Standard treatment plus Immunotherapy did not work for me. 

11 hours ago, Kema said:

Adenocarcinoma Lung stage IV with KRAS-Mutation KRAS G12s, there is no specific therapy yet, I started a trial last Monday, hope it will work, Standard treatment plus Immunotherapy did not work for me. 

Hi Roz/Kema: I wrote few paragraphs in the cancer 101  section you might want to read  on KRAS and mentioned G12.   Can you please mention the company name and the drug involved in the clinical trial. From what I understand that might be one or even 2 drugs involved in clinical trials this year  and the hopes are high they might be approved. Please keep us posted and good luck.

Yes, A Phase 1a/1b Dose-escalation Study of Intravenously Administered SB 11285 Alone and in Combination with Atezolizumab in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors, I am on the Monotherapy.  Will have my second dose tomorrow. The one trial I could not get in, which would have been for KRAS, because of an eye problem I have. 

• 2 months later...

The trial did not work for me, I also developed brain Mets, which they did cyber knife on them, now I am on Chemotherapy Doctaxel and Ramucirumab every 3 weeks.

I'm sorry that the trial didn't work for you. I'm also a KRAS mutant. My cancer was 1a and I needed surgery only. I'm NED now, but you never know when NSCLC will recur, so my ears perk up at any mention of possible KRAS treatments.

Hang in there, Kema

Archived