Valerie Brown

Hi I’m new on here I thought I had been on here but I guess I have not. I was diagnosed in 2012.I was diagnosed with stage 1 adenocarcinoma I had  L Upper lobe lung thoracotomy. In 2017 I was diagnosed with a reoccurrence! I had proton therapy in PHILA. @ U of PENN. In late 2018 they found suspicious activity on my R lung I was put on steroids and antibiotics which didn’t clear it. A biopsy was done at Memorial Sloan Kettering. In April 2019I have EGFR deletion 19 I was started On Tagrisso 80 mg. All my scans have been stable. I am a member of Gilda’s Club of South Jersey. They have been a great support and I would hope my participation with the organization has been supportive as well. I really appreciate any support from everyone !we are warriors in the same fight ! 

Hi Valerie!

Welcome to the group!  I have the ALK mutation and take a drug similar to Tagrisso, I call them the happy little pills.  I was born and raised in North Jersey, there are a few others from SNJ on this forum too. I admire your spunk!  Glad to have you here! 
Michelle

Welcome Valerie. When you see hay y’all on my post you will know I am not from NJ Lol. I wish you all the luck on your treatment. You will find a lot of experienced, kind, and helpful people here.

Prayers

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

Valerie,

Welcome to the forum.  You'll find some great support here and a place to learn from others' experience.  I look forward to hearing updates from you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  BTW, like Curt I was born in NJ but lived most of my life on Long Island before moving all over finally winding up in NC.  

Lou

Welcome Valerie!

Here is the information on the International Lung Cancer Survivorship Conference (or Hope Summit). We changed the name because we expanded the agenda but it remains a unique event focused on survivors and those who care for them.

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived