COVID Vaccine anyone

Opal

Maybe the effects from the J & J vaccine will be milder. I had zero effects from my first dose of the Moderna vaccine, and those I had after the second dose (which are pretty common) are believed to be the immune system mobilizing to defend against the presumed attackers.

So maybe with the single dose, that effect won't kick in. Remember--if you DO get the virus (especially possible with the new, more-transmissible variants), your immune system is still likely to kick in, and potentially go out of control (that's what causes some of the most serious illnesses). 

So I'd keep an eye out for people's reactions to the J & J. 

Barb, that's what I read in Adverse Effects for Durva.  Something to be aware of. It seems they have been updated since I first started on it and read them.  Of course it has been in use longer now. More studies. 

I'm holding off on vaccine for now.

LexiCat...thanks for posting.  Good points you make. 

Opal

P.S. I'm not complaining, Durva has been a blessing

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Opal said:

A Cancer Connect Link on vaccines Https://news.cancer connect.com/treatments-care/Covid 19-vaccines-and-cancer 

That link doesn't work... You've got a stray space between cancer and connect--take that out and it will work.

It's a good article, though--thanks for sharing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Opal,

I have no idea why I didn't see this.  I wound up getting the first dose (Moderna) early and the second on March 9th so I really got ahead of the original dates.  The first was nothing and the second one gave me a tiny (and I mean tiny) fever for one night, fatigue the next day and then all was right with the world again.  I'm super glad to have gotten it and I heartily recommend it to anyone.  I was never careless, but I feel much freer now and (so far) science is backing me up that life can be normal again.  Have you gotten the vaccine?

Lou

I had the Pfizer. My second shot was March 18. The only side effectts I had were a sore upper arm for about 24 hours after each dose, and tiredness the day after the second one. It wasn't "can't do anything" tiredness, But I did take a long nap. Really worth it to decrease the risk of Covid. Now that I'm immunized, I feel a lot more comfortable doing things like going to the store. It's strange to think that going to Petco for cat litter is something to look forward to!  Still wearing my mask and cocial distancing. Glad you're scheduled for your shot.

I also had the Pfizer shots spaced 3/6 and 3/27 and the same thing happened to me as you BridgetO. The day after my second shot I just wasn't right the whole day...not something I could put my finger on, just not right both mentally and physically. I went for one of my usual 4 to 5 mile walks and I was pretty tired after that. Just couldn't stay focused on anything either...

Since though I'm super happy to have gotten the shots. I now can enjoy Easter with the family as almost everyone else is vaccinated too. Wonderful....😊

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, wanted to share that I did get my first Pfizer vaccine 2 days ago. So far so good. Right after the shot my arm was pretty sore and I felt  tired that day and slept like a baby all night, actually the best night sleep I had in months. Strange huh? Other then that I'm good. Now just waiting for early May for #2 and hope all goes as well. 

Thanks to all for sharing your experience/stories. 

Opal

Great to hear! Just remember, you're a bit more likely to have effects after shot #2. They shouldn't last more than a couple of days, but they are pretty common and generally not too bad. I had chills/aches day after, sore arm for a couple more. You should be fine.

BridgetO, thanks. I'm hoping for that as well.

Right now my arm is not sore but I have a black and blue mark. Never before!  We've endured worse, I think.

Opal

Archived