His battle is over

hollyridge

Colleen,

Honey, I am so very sorry that Bill has passed. There are no words that can express how sad this is.

You are in my prayers that God will guide you in the days and weeks to come. May He hold you and keep you safe. May you feel the love of God and Bill as you begin this journey. I know only too well how much pain you must be in.

My heart goes out to you.

Much love,

Shirley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like SandyS, I too am posting with tears running down my face. Your post was so eloquent.

I am so glad you were able to hold him and comfort him in his last hours and minutes.

All of us here who have lost a loved one to this awful disease, share in your pain. Please keep posting here, so that we may try and help you.

So, so, sorry for your loss.

Gloria

Dear Colleen,

Please accept my late but, no less sincere condolences. My heart breaks for you and your family. We had a power outage this past Wednesday and I have been unable to access the LC board until this morning and I saw your posts.

This is such a difficult time for you. I pray for you strength and faith to help you get thru this. Although it has been seven weeks since Sam died, I miss him as much with each new day. I blame his sudden demise, as Bill's, for making it more difficult. However, I am beginning to realize if I had weeks to prepare, I do think it would have made this ordeal any easier. I, as you, take much comfort that I was holding him when he took his last breath. Please feel free to e-mail me if you just need to talk. Just know there are many here who are thinking about you and share your grief.

God bless us all,

Sam'swifeShirley

Colleen:

I am so sorry about your loss! I have been away from the board for awhile since my dad's passing, but was trying to catch up today and saw the sad news. Our loved ones died just days apart and my sister's name is Colleen - I feel we are somehow connected (also in adjoining state -- I'm a Hoosier). Sounds like you shared special moments at the end as I did with my loved one and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have somehow found tremendous inner peace right now and hope you can find the same. I miss my dad terribly, but know he is in a better place and isn't suffering anymore. My dad also took a turn for the worse very quickly and hospice was never involved. I take comfort in knowing that he got his wishes -- no nursing home, no loss of his mental faculties and he was virtually pain-free during his battle. May God bless you and your family during this difficult time.

Dear Colleen,

Tears-a-flowing; I wish you much strength as times are hard. I really don't know what to say other than it's just another "wake up call" that this BEAST of Cancer can take away love ones at a moments notice. May you find peace within; rejoice in your husband's loving memories.