Justin

Justin1970

Honestly rikke you will be fine I'm sure and try and have the best time you can, most of my problems came at the end of treatment it was definitely easier than I was expecting and even though it was difficult to swallow I did continue to eat what I wanted lol, i did have a numbing liquid and oramorph which really helped especially if you take half an hour before eating, good luck with everything and fingers crossed for you 

Take care 

Justin xx

Hi 

I've just had my first CT scan since finishing treatment in November, I have an appointment with the oncologist on Thursday for results, the anxiety of it all and the waiting is awful ,hopefully all the stress will be worth it and finally try and move on.

Justin 

Justin,

Scanziety is so real and damned uncomfortable.  Please try and do anything that can get your mind of it whenever you can.  All digits are crossed for you and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.  I look forward to hearing good news on your scans.

Lou

Hi lou

thanks for the reply and your good wishes, I am really nervous about the result, I'm not sure what the outcome will be but hopefully good news, I know they said treatment with curative intent but I know the chances of it being gone are probably slim and really worrying what comes next 

Many thanks 

Justin 

Does anybody know if there is other treatment if the cancer hasn't gone,I'm sure I was told by my oncologist there was a new treatment for the kras mutation has anyone had this and if so what does it involve 

Thanks Justin 

Hi,

Just an update on everything, I got the results from the CT scan today and it was brilliant news, the cancer in my right lung has shrunk significantly and gone from my lymph nodes, the oncologist was really happy with the results and said it was fantastic news and that I responded great to the treatment, i will have my next scan at the end of April beginning of may and they are hoping it continues to shrink and stay stable, thank you to everyone for there support throughout this 

Kind regards 

Justin 

Thanks rikke I'm really pleased with the news it makes everything worth while,how are you getting on with the radiotherapy I hope its going well for you and not to bad 

Many thanks 

Justin x

Thanks lou it is great news but I still feel strange inside my head about it all I was unsure what the results would show but I think in my my mind I thought it would either be still there or gone altogether, but after what the consultant said reading about this stage I understand it was the best outcome I could have had at such an early stage, my family are all so pleased which makes me brilliant but I wish I could be as positive about it all 

Many thanks 

Justin 

Justin, I just responded to your mom's comment. You've had great news after a difficult time, so it may take you some time to adjust. I think you'll feel more confident when scan after scan is stable. To this day when I go for my daily walk, I reflect on how far I've come after treatment and take a moment to enjoy how good I feel now and that I have my health back. Take one day at a time, and I hope you continue to get good results. 

Hi Judy thanks for the reply I do feel really pleased with the scan results,it is definitely nice to get good news after doing the treatment it's been a massive worry for everyone involved and hopefully we can move on a bit now and then prepare for the next scan 

Kind regards 

Justin 

On 1/14/2022 at 1:15 PM, RJN said:

Thank you both! I know it sounds silly, but my best friend’s 50th is coming up in two weeks, with people coming in from all over the world. After the past two years of lockdowns and cancer treatments I really, really want to be in decent form. I know there is nothing I can do in particular, but from what you are saying, I could be fortunate and make it ❤️❤️❤️🤞🤞🤞

Doesn’t sound silly at all!! How are you going with it all? Hoping you’re able to make it to your friends birthday ok.

Sorry… only just seen your scan results. That’s such fantastic news! I hope they all continue to shrink! Xx

Hi Justin,

my trial team won’t scan me until 3 months after I finish radiation as this is when they say the max effect will be visible, so you may well get more good news. I don’t know about chemo. Immunotherapy keeps working after you finish.

EMandM - I am 7 rounds in with radiation - 25 conventional and 3 stereotactic to go. Still holding out for being in good form for the upcoming weekend 🤞🤞.

Cheers, Rikke

Justin, my tumor and lymph nodes continued to shrink for more than a year after chemo and radiation ended, and with the additional help of targeted therapy, everything disappeared and I was NED a full 15 months after chemo and radiation ended. It takes time for treatments to work. And remember, stable is good too. 

Hi judym2

Thank you for the reply it is encouraging when you read about other people having good news and beating this I hope you continue to be ned and in great health,

Many thanks 

Justin x

Hi Rikke 

I hope your still well enough for the family party you have planned at the weekend you should be fine, I did think this scan was a bit early at only 7 weeks since treatment but they were happy with the results and my next scan is in 3 months so hopefully shrunk again 

Many thanks 

Justin x

Hi Rikke it definitely is enlightening,fingers crossed for good news for everyone, how are you getting on with the radiotherapy I hope its all going alright for you x

I am ok, thank you, Justin. Coming up to my 12th session today and no side effects so far. The daily visits are draining though - each take around 1.5 hours due to delays, and with transport it is around 3 hours each day plus other appointments. I really shouldn’t complain as I am only 30 mins from the hospital. But I guess it is the daily reminder of illness that gets to you - sitting next to small sick children and severely ill people is just heartbreaking. And another 5 weeks to go. But hey, gotta be done! Really hoping for more good news for you ❤️

I'm so glad your doing well I didn't really feel to bad either until the treatment was nearly finished but it doesn't last for that long so hopefully it will be the same for you , I know exactly what you mean about seeing all the other sick people it upset and shocked me the amount of people going through the same thing, I did get a bit of comfort going everyday as I felt like atleast something was being done to help me I think I'm struggling more now the treatment has finished but I know it has to be done like this and really is just a case of waiting, thank you for replying I really hope you get some good results after all this I'm sure you will, take care xx

Thanks for checking in, Justin! Yes, I am still doing well, and the party was just what was needed - very glam and great to see friends from far afield. Now I am ready for whatever the rest of the treatment course has in store for me (14 down 21 to go).

Any news from your side ?

That's brilliant im so glad it's all going well for you and that you were able to enjoy the party, 21 left isn't so bad it will go quickly hopefully lol, no more news yet just have to wait now lol x