Rookie Status

Steff

As many of you know, I've taken a long break from the LUNGevity forums to be with my mother while she battled leukemia.  My grief counselor suggested today that I take the energy I spent on caring for my mom and dad and put it to good use within my community (without going overboard).  This could help me feel needed again and give me a sense of purpose after my parent's recent passings.  My immediate thought was to get back involved with the forums (y'all are my community!).  Well, the forums look a bit different now and I noticed some badges on our profile pics.  I had to laugh when I saw I had the Newbie status badge and with a few posts I moved up to Rookie status.  Boy how I wish I were an actual Rookie at all things lung cancer! lol

Hope y'all are having a great day and for those who know me, I hope that my Rookie status is giving you a little laugh!

Steff

Welcome back Steff.  Sorry to hear about your parents, but we welcome you back here with open arms.  BTW...being a newbie is fun.  You can act like you didn't realize the rules and break them all, at least for a little while.

But seriously, you know it takes all of us to make this work and having you back is a blessing.

Lou

Yeah, they booted everyone back to boot camp! Sorta silly, if you ask me--you really need only 3-4 levels altogether and it should start from where you are, not as if you're having day one all over again. SMH

Good to see you again, though, and hope sticking around here helps. I need people who aren't *ahem* intimidated by my rapier wit!

Ya know, I just noticed--there are FOURTEEN LEVELS--good god, why do we need that many? Not to mention you prolly have to live to be a hundred to get to level 14. Now THERE'S something for us lung cancer survivors to aspire to!

Hey Steff, 

Glad to hear from you!  I have missed your posts--- I loved hearing stories about your Mom, particularly the one of her crawling under the porch with an oxygen tank on her back.. AND the concert travels!   

Yah- the whole new ranking system- you as a Rookie-- that is really funny--- totally agree with Teri, not sure how there was 14 levels-- I also need someone who can put up with my Jersey snarky humor!    Nice to have you back! 

Michelle 

Steff,

I've missed you and of course was very fortunate to meet your mother at a Lungevity Summit. I have fond memories.

As a survivor, I can tell about my diagnosis and treatment journey, but I can't begin to fathom what and how my wife felt as she helped me face diagnostics and treatment. Here experience was so traumatic that she strays from discussing it. To watch the one you love endure and to have no way of intervening to stop the mayhem is frightening and disheartening. You know that feeling and I am so happy you are back to help those who care for us.

You are a godsend. 

Stay the course.

Tom

Archived