Starting chemo today for sclc in left lung and nodes

Richiepixie

Hi Richie 

Welcome to the forum it's very hard to stay positive when faced with this disease and all the treatments but you will find the strength to fight it, goodluck with your chemotherapy and radiotherapy all the best Take care Justin 

Richie,

Welcome to our forums.  SCLC is a tough one to fight, but there are more treatment options today than at any time in history.  I want to share a couple of areas you should read up on (knowledge is true power with this disease).

1. This article is titled "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; from a Survivor" and it is my "go to article" for newcomers.  It was written by a member who was Stage III and Stage IV over 18 years ago.  It can be found here.
  2. Next is a forum on SCLC where you can be in contact with people on the same journey as you.  Always feel free to ask any questions here, but you may find some help information at this forum.  You can see it on this page.

So many of us have shared here the shock, disbelief and dread we felt at our diagnosis.  Stay connected to your friends and family for support.  You can also come here with any questions and our Lungevity Family will share their experiences and knowledge with you.  Many of us find that once we start treatment our anxiety levels go down as we are now focused on our treatment and defeating this disease.  Know that LC (lung cancer) is no longer the automatic death sentence it was years ago.  Advances in treatments are occurring every day and there is hope for us.  On the other hand, if you find yourself sinking to deeply into depression and/or anxiety please speak to a professional.  In that case, some treatment now can put you in a better frame of mind to engage in the treatment plan and enjoy the life that you are fighting for.  

Lou

Hi Richie,

I was diagnosed with Sclc in my upper right lung in November 2021. I had 4 rounds of chemo with carboplatin and etoposide. I also started 30 radiation treatments with the second round of chemo. My scans so far have been shrinkage of the nodules and stability. Hang in there and do stay positive. It is a very scary disease but know that you have friends here who are routing and praying for you.

Pam

We are all with you. I was diagnosed in April of this year and it was a shock to me. Mine was in in the right lower lung, one lymph node affected. Also had 2 cycles chemo and 30 radiation therapy. Then I had a lobectomy. Currently have one more cycle chemo to go and next year immunotherapy for 12 months, so it is a long road. As Lou has said many times, Lung Cancer is no longer a death sentence...there are so many things out there to help with longevity. Stay positive and have faith.