New here in Lungevity Forum

YU092022

I was diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC with on September 23, 2022; PET scan with 3.3 cm mass with multiple bilateral pulmonary nodules. My biomarker test showed that I have EGFR exon 21 deletion. I have been healthy and active for the past 57 years. Trying to navigator through this cancer journey with you all. "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." (Proverbs 17:22) 

Yu-Tai, 

Welcome to our forums.  Sorry you need to be here though.  You don't mention if the tumor has metastasized beyond the lung, but I am making the assumption that you've had a full tissue or blood biopsy to confirm the malignancy.  I sure understand how upsetting a diagnosis like this can be as I went through it myself (as have many others here).  You really would do well to learn all that you can and there is some very good information from NIH regarding EGFR and it can be found here.  Additionally we have some forums that focus on mutations including EGFR and they can be found on this page.

Another important blog is titled "10 Steps to Surviving Lung Cancer; from a Survivor"...you can find that at this location.

Please update us with as much information as you can so our folks can offer knowledge from their experiences with you.  Also feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Lou

Yu-tai 

Welcome to the forum, I know how hard it is coping with all this it really is a difficult road but it does get easier, you will find lots of support from members who are going through the same as you, 

Goodluck with everything all the best Take care Justin 

Sorry you need to join us on this forum but it is a fantastic community. Hopefully you will get treatment soon and put the brakes on this nasty disease. There are many new treatments so a lot of reasons to stay hopeful. Welcome.