PET scan results

Pstar

Had my PET scan on Feb 7 and that showed rt adrenal gland avidity of 9 SUV. My oncologist feels that it is metastasis of Sclc so no biopsy to be done which I am glad about because from what I have read, the cancer can easily seed to other organs from a biopsy. I met with radiation oncologist this past Wednesday. I am scheduled for acth stimulation and ct with simulation on Wednesday March 1 for Sbrt on the adrenal gland. She said I will get 3 sessions probably mon, wed, fri for 30 to 45 minutes each. Hopefully the radiation will zap the cancer but it will also cause the gland to stop functioning. I may have to go on hormone medication if my left adrenal gland can’t handle the load by itself. Nothing else lit up on the scan which is good.

Hi pam 

So Sorry to hear this, more treatment and worry atleast it hasn't shown up anywhere else and they get rid of it quickly, my thoughts and prayers are with you all the best Take care Justin x 

Pam,

So sorry to hear about the met on the adrenal.  Did the doctor find it on one or both of them?  Next step is to get the sucker whacked and out of your body.  Please keep us updated on your progress with this.  You know you're not alone here.

Lou

Pstar,

I'm a fan of precision radiation. It saved my life. The magic about the treatment is it has a 100% chance of success: what is radiated is killed!

I look forward to reading about your post-treatment NED scans!

Stay the course.

Tom

Hi Pam looking forward to great results from your next treatment. When I was diagnosed I was hoping I could get precision radiation to fry the cancer but I was stage 4 and it wasn't an option . Ned in the near future you can do this.

Chuck

Hi Karen…my diagnosis from EBUS biopsy was Sclc in November 2021. It was initially limited stage until the metastasis to the brain, I am now extensive stage. Sclc likes to metastasize to the adrenal gland so that is why he feels that is what it is. I went for the acth stimulation test to check adrenal function and had my simulation for Sbrt yesterday. I will have Sbrt on March 14, March 16 and March 20. 

Thanks for the details. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. My brain met got fried with gamma knife and I've been stable since. Sounds like your SBRT might be adrenal focused? This is a significant and scary development, but you can do it one step at a time. 

K