Update- all is good πŸ‘

catlady91

I haven't posted an update in a while. My mum had her scan in around March or April and she's still NED. I didn't want to post nearer the time as I felt it would be unfair to share good news when Justin received such terrible news and unfortunately passed away. I feel very sad about Justin's passing. I didn't know him in person but he was a constant person on this forum and despite his own poor health cared about others on here.

Since my mum has been NED for almost three years, the oncologist has lessened the frequency of her scans. Instead of every three to four months, mum will have a scan every six months. She's currently away in Poland for a long break. The only thing causing her trouble is her knee which she's struggled with for years. Her knee has gotten to the point where she needs a knee replacement. It sucks that she's in pain because of her knee but I've heard that knee replacements give people a new lease of life. She had a gastroscopy ages ago and they did a standard biopsy as she was having stomach issues where they found something benign. They said it didn't require any treatment and they discharged her from the gastrology department. My mum's doctor friends say that with older age you find more and more benign lumps and bumps. Although my mum looks incredible for her age and is young at heart, she's almost 74 and ages catches up with you especially health related things. All of our neighbors above 60 have had either a knee or hip replacement. Other than that my mum is doing well.Β 

That was thoughtful of you, catlady91. I, too, think of Justin. I'm so happy to hear about your mom's current status. Despite the slow -normal-wear and tear on the body, she sounds in remarkable condition. I'm glad she gets to enjoy a little traveling. I hope you're feeling some relief, too.Β 

It's celebration time for your Mom!Β  NED is always great news and it was thoughtful of you to delay announcing it.Β  We strengthen our hope with the success of our fellow survivors and this news is always welcome.Β  Congratulate your Mom for us.

Lou

I also delayed posting my Ned results for months while Justin was struggling and fighting so hard . I'm also having problems with my knee.The targeted drug I'm taking causes joint pain and it's making my bad knee hurt ten times worse. I'm happy for your mom's ned results

Chuck

So happy for you and your mom! Celebrate this awesome milestone!

I too miss Justin's presence on this forum and feel so sad still about how he was so unlucky with his treatments. Life can be very cruel but also there is much good news Β to celebrate on this forum. Thanks ro updating us with your good news!