Judy B's Obituary

Thank you soooo much for puttin g this on the board, I meant to when it was written but just forgot, thank you soooooooooooo much. That photo was of Mom on Cris' wedding in fall of 1999. Mom was soooo beautiful and I miss her sooo much.

Also in lieu of flowers, I and Mom would like people to donate to the LC board, yes this one you are on. My stepfather and sister didnt' believe this was more than just a "chat" and they decided to have people send money to the AZ cancer, I think that is good, but I know Mom loved this board, so I know she would like money to go here also.

Thanks again Rochelle.

Stephanie

Dear Stephanie,

Just wanted to share with you that I have sent an, " In Memory Donation" to the LCHelp (Lung Cancer Survivors 4 Change) board in memory of your Speical MOM, right here to Katie and Rickey to add to our Non profit organization. I met your wonderful mom right here and I too agree she would like donations made here in her memory.

GOOD BLESS you HON, and I know you'll stay in touch.

Hugs,

Connie

Judith Byron Almond

10/13/41 - 3/27/04

0002630577-01.jpg

Devoted wife, mother, sister, best friend, won her 2½ year battle against lung cancer and is walking with angels today. Born in Philadelphia, PA, she graduated from prestigious Moore College of Art in 1963. She moved to Tucson in 1981 from Vermont to get warm. Judy was a founding member and art director of Tucson Lifestyle Magazine and opened her own graphic design business in 1985. She has won many awards in her profession and is admired and respected by her colleagues and clients. Judy was a pioneer and active participant on the Lung Cancer Survivor Board where she gave and received hope, friendship and support. Survived by husband of 20 years, John W. Almond; daughters, Cris Robson and husband Matt of Tucson, AZ, Stephanie Olivieri of Los Angeles, CA; son, Russell Almond of Tucson, AZ; father, Joseph M. Byron of Bennington, VT; brothers, Paul Byron of Farmington, NM, Tom Byron and wife Sheila of Grand Rivers, KY; sisters, Laura White and husband Michael of San Diego, CA, Debbie Wright of Bennington, VT; brother-in-law, Milton Almond and wife Jane of Davidson, NC; sister-in-law, Katherine Robinson of Peachtree City, GA. She was predeceased by her mother, Elizabeth McGuinness Byron; her brother, Ricky Byron and son, John Hugh Almond. A memorial service will be conducted at 11:00 A.M., Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at the ADAIR FUNERAL HOME, AVALON CHAPEL, 8090 N. Northern Avenue, Tucson, Arizona, conducted by Rev. John Cheek. The family will received friends following the service. Interment will be at a later date in the family plot in Albemarle, NC. In lieu of flowers, memorials should be sent in Judy's name to AZ Cancer Center, 1515 N. Campbell, P. O. Box 245013, Tucson, AZ 85724. (520)626-5279. The family would like to thank the staff at UMC and Northwest Hospital for their compassionate care. Specials thanks to: Drs. Garland, Stea and Sanan.

Guest Karen C.

Stephanie - I will NEVER forget your mother's winning smile! What a knockout - beautiful woman! You are SO lucky to have had her for your mom and I think you know that!

I love the obit - I loved the line about moving to Tucson to get warm. This is obviously a woman with a great sense of humor and lots of love in her life.

I am saddened by your loss, but joyful for you having had such a wonderful Mom. Not everyone is given that gift.

Please keep in touch with us and stay on the board.

Love,

Karen C.

(David C's wife)