Tomorrow - 2nd brain scan - feeling cowardly

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I've been trying to tell myself I'm not afraid of going for my second brain scan tomorrow but that's a lie. I'm so nervous I just want to take a sleeping pill and go to sleep in the middle of the day.

I don't know what happened. When I was first dx'd in November, I was fighting with all I knew - meditation - creative imagery - nutrition, exercise. Now I feel overwhelmed.

I've been having headaches and they're getting more frequent. Stress, maybe? As some of you know, I'm still debating PCI. From all I've read, with previous brain damage, and a huge metal clip holding a broken artery together, I'm not a good candidate but if there are mets..........

If you could spare a prayer or a mental hug, please. There are days I think I'll just go out in the street and starting hugging strangers just to be hugged. :cry:

Thank you very much.

Cat,

Ya know, it's okay to be scared. I'll let you in on a little secret, I get scared, too. Really!

I had surgery - the first week while I was home, I was afraid to go to sleep. For some reason, my brain had convinced me that if I went to sleep I would not wake up. No clue where that came from, but it wouldn't go away...

Headaches? You betcha that can be stress. ...and ya know, the more you think about it, the worse it gets! Evil, evil Catch-22....

Take a load off, do something fun, soak in a tub, relax, BREATHE...

...and try to understand that whatever will be, will be. Nothing you can change right now, just seeking information of what is next... (and since I don't need it all until Friday morning when I have some test results read to me, I'll loan you an ounce of my strength).

Take care,

Becky

Cat

I was a nervous wreck before my last scans. I know you have to be worried but headaches can be from so many things. Pollen, stress, tension, stress. You get the picture. Mine turned out ok and I will be hoping the same for you. Thinking of you and looking forward to hearing your good results.

Nina