any kids want to talk- family members with lung cancer

Hi I am the 12 year old daughter of this user (my mom). My dad has lung cancer and he is in stage 3b. I was wondering if there are any other kids that have family members or parents going through something like this that would like to talk about it.

xOxO ~ Lea's Daughter

Hi there!!!

Im not a kid anymore, but I still act like one! I do have 3 kids though. Im 26 and my kids are 3,5 & 7. Like you, my Daddy is Stage 3B. Id be glad to talk to you about anything.... Just post back or PM me... Im real good at talkin... and listenening...just not so good at spelling...hehehe

Jamie

He Lea's daughter!!

What's your name? First name only is ok - that's all we use here, but you don't even have to do that if you don't want. I think it's really cool that you are looking for someone your age to talk to about it - we all need to talk about it and sometimes our friends don't understand since they aren't going through it, do they? I hope there are some people on here that have kids that would love to write to you. Good luck to you and God bless.

Peggy

Thanks so much! That is really sweet of you Jamie! I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and it's good that both of our Dad's are goin through the same thing and stage because then I will know what you are talking about. Tomorrow I am going to the hospital with him and leaving school early. We are finding out major test results, I think. I am kind of nervous and scared to see what they are but I really want to still be there to support him. I hope it is good news! But today we got news that his cancer decresed 45% but he hoping for better!

Leandra,

I think its great that your going with your Dad. Good news or Bad, Im sure any news will be better if your there. And guess what...

My Dads cancer decreased by half recently too!! His tumor was the size of a grapefruit, and now is the size of a small lemon.

I guess my dad's doctor thinks we like fruit. :D

Good luck tomorrow and let us know ok?

Jamie

Leandra,

Like Jamie, I am an adult but I act and feel like a kid! My mom has lung cancer too. I have no kids, so I am really just a kid :)

I know you are scared. It is great news though that the tumor shrunk!!! Anytime you feel like talking, please post or PM. And don't forget to let us know what the dr says tomorrow!

Thanks for everyones replies! I would love to all of you! That is so nice!

GREAT NEWS!!!!! :D According to the pet scan results his cancer shrunk 60-70%!!!! And if all goes well on his next medication or something then he has a good chance of going into remission! :D

Hi Lea! This is Caitlin. My dad also has lung cancer. And I think he's doing a lot better. From what I've read it sounds like your dad is doing great as well. Let me tell you about me and my family. I'm 12 as well. I'm in 7th grade. I'm not from the U.S. I'm adopted from South Korea and that is me with my family in the picture. Before my dad had lung cancer he smoked too. But then he stopped. This is my first time so it was nice to meet you and I hope we can talk more. I am using my dad's sign on so you can see my picture. I will have to get my own sign on name also. -Caitlin

Caitlin-

I'm glad I can talk to someone who is going through the same thing and also has alot in common with me. That is a good picture of your family. Also that is really cool you are from South Korea. My mom said it is really pretty there because she has been there before. I dont have any brothers or sisters but I have a big dog named Ripley. He is a overweight golden retriever so he is kinda like a person to me beacause of his size. I'm glad your Dad is doing well too!

~Leandra

Hi, my name is Alex. My dad has cancer too. I am sorry that your dad has cancer. Your dad looks cool, he kinda looks like my dad. I don't know what to say, I'm only 8 (my mom is typing for me). When I found out my dad had cancer I felt scared. It is weird to see my dad bald but he still looks cool. I was worried about my dad when he first got cancer. My dad is tired and sits in his chair alot. I can't wait until my dad gets better. I hope your dad gets better too. We watch tv together to make us feel better and we also watch movies together. I just think that my dad has a common cold and that he shaved his head to look cool (remember, his mom is just typing what he says!!) I miss getting to go fishing with my dad.

Alex would like to know what state you live in....we live in Kansas!!! Do you have pets? You can play them if you have nothing else to do. r

Hey Alex

My name is Leandra but most people call me Lea. I live in Maryland and I have a dog named Ripley. He is a golden retriever. I love to ice skate, I do it about 5 days a week. I am on a synchronized ice skating team called the Diamond Chips. If you want to see my team look at this website: www.thediamondchips.com <--- if you do go to that site make sure you look in photogallery at all our team pictures. Caitlin if you can, look at it too! :D:D:D

Hi Lea,

It's Alex's mom (Joni). Alex thinks it is cool that you wrote back and to Caitlin too - we haven't had an opportunity to sit down together to reply but we will soon!

I'm so proud of you to think of sending out a "hello" to kids. I guess you kids must need to talk too. I'll sit down with Alex ASAP so he can write back about his thoughts.