Cat Scan Monday

pgreiman

JUST FINISHED READING ABOUT WHAT EVERYONE DOES WITH STAGE ONE CANCER. I WAS TOLD I HAD A THREE CINIMETERS CANCER ON MY RIGHT UPPER LOBE IN JANUARY OF TWO THOUSAND THREE, I HAD THE RIGHT UPPER LOBE REMOVED ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF LYMPH NOTESNONE WHICH WERE CANCEROUS ALSO WEDGE OF OTHER LUNG. MY SURGAN RECOMMEMED NO CHEMO OR RADITION AND SEND ME TO AN ONCOLJEST WHO ALSO RECCOMMENED NO CHEMO AND NO RADITION FOR WHICH I HAVE HAD NONE, I SEE DOCTOR EVERY 3 MONTHS AND HAVE HAD 3 CAT SCANS SINCE WHICH SHOWED NO SIGNS OF CANCER, NOW I AM READY FOR ANOTHER ONE MONDAY AND AM A NERVOUS WRECK AS I HAVE DEVELOPE A COUGH AND WONDER IF THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ANY OF YOU, I JUST BURIED A BROTHER WHO HAD LUNG CANCER BUT THEY CAUGHT IT TOO LATE AND SEEING WHAT HE WENT THROUGH REALLY SCARES ME AND JUST FINDING OTHER PEOPE GOING THOUGH WHAT I AM MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE AND ENJOY READING YOUR STORIES SO THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND HOPE WE ALL WILL LONG LIVES :?

Good luck on your scan on Monday!!! I also have a test on Monday, I have a brain MRI in the morning and am trying not to think about it because I am just as nervous, so you have company!!

As far as your cough, there are so many illnesses and possible allergies this time of year, and your cough could be from that. I know its hard not to think of the alternative, I don't think anyone has an easy time of it waiting for tests OR the results of tests!!

I am also sorry to hear about your brother...

Please make sure you post the results of your scans...will be thinking of you...

Hi pgreiman and WELCOME. I'm glad you've been reading and enjoying this board. We are a group of people that really care. I'm sure your scan results will be just fine - it sounds like you have had a very, very good year. Best of luck to you, and God bless!

Peggy

Welcome and thanks for posting. It has taken me almost 3 years to not go into panic mode with each ache and pain. And I do still go into panic mode anyway, just not as instantly as before.

I just try to keep busy and keep focusing on the good points of each day . . .

gail

pgrieman,

Good luck on your scans. I remember I was a wreck, and I hit one year and was still here. AT that point I figured maybe I wasn't going anywhere, so perhaps I'd best get a life...... :lol:

Congratulations on your one year. The further away from your active tumor you get , the less likely it will return, sayeth my surgeon. I trust him. At this point, I do really believe him.

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Prayers, always.

Pat,

Cough could be allergies, could be dry air, could be moist air...could be about anything. I'd tell you not to worry, but....well, we ALL know how impossible THAT is! :roll:

Don't dwell on the test, try to keep yourself occuppied...

Good luck!

Becky

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Around scan time I develop various symptoms ranging from coughs, throat clearing, aching armpits, infected hangnails, etc., etc., that I am always SURE are the precursors of mets...just can't seem to help myself. So I identify with your emotions and pray that your worries come to naught, as mine have so far (knock on wood). Know that we care and let keep us informed, please.

Tiny,

Aching armpits--that is too funny! I have developed those symptoms myself. Instead of a plain old stomach ache because I ate too much, it's always, now what kind of dire medical situation do I have? A headache will send me into a panic and thankfully I went all winter without a cold otherwise I would have needed a straightjacket!

Sure do wish those days that I paid absolutely no attention to aches and pains were back again, but I guess that horse has been let out of the barn.

But grateful for clean tests and every new day!

Hello and I hope your scan is fine. I was also nervous about my first chest x ray after surgery and it was fine. Do you still have pain in the side when you walk since surgery. That is my biggest complaint and I notice when I first lay on my back I cough, I don't know why. Best wishes.

Sharon

Good Luck on your scan. It will be three years for me in July and I still get nervous when it gets close to scan time. I just graduated to scans every six months and now I'm nervous that I have to wait so long in between appointments. Keep your spirits up and I'll send my best vibes your way. :)

could not wait for results on cat scan so called doctor and he got me in right away first thing he said is concratulations you are clean and what a weight off my sholters again. also told me no more cat scans for a year as they can end up giveing me cancer too much raidition i guess and do not see him for three months so now i need to move ahead with life again, this cancer sure can wreck havov in a person life and just hope someday a cure will be found, anyway thanks for the support shown me and letting me know i am not alone in my feelings will stay in touch as i am wondering how debies mri went

thanks again pat

nscsc, in left upper lobe, removed on 17 jan 2003 married two children lost youngest one died in car accident in 1993 had 5 stents put in my heard since and now dealing with cancer age 58