John Edward

berisa

Did you hear about John Edward? Is he a fake or he is famous there?

Since I am a christian and I heard that medium is kind of "devil's work", but not from GOD. Can the so-called "enegry from other side" and the "GOD" could co-exist?

What's your opinion and point of views on this issue for you all are americans?

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

I probably shouldn't be commenting as I don't know John Edwards but for the most part, I think those who call themselves "mediums" are fake & if they ask you for money or are getting money by doing shows -- I would turn and walk away.

If God wants you to know anything, He'll let you know without you having to pay money or chase mediums. Just my opinion.

I do believe some people are able to feel spirits from the other side. However, if they try to make money, especially off the grieving, they have lost their inner spirit and are acting out of their material side. In essence, they have lost the gift.

As I said, this is just my opinion and yes, it's a very strong opinion. I don't like anyone who takes ANY advantage of the grieving or those who feel lost or without hope. They make me angry.

(Very opinionated) Cat

I don't know if John Edward is real or not but I believe that some people can communicate with those who have passed over.

In old posts, I described seeing a spirit twice myself. I saw an old boyfriend standing beside the road and learned later he had died the night before. I saw my father the night he died. He looked well and very very happy. If it were real or just my own imagination, it gave me great comfort. I think both these were real.

I absolutely agree that some people can sense or see or hear spirits. I know that I have. What I don't like is those that say they can and try to make money off it.

Okay, weighing in for the opposition here....LOL

So, I can type a ridiculous number of words per minute and I "prostitute" that skill out and make money. Many, many people are paid for their skills, it's the way the world (at least THIS country) works, it's called "capitalism"...

That said, I believe that if a person has a gift such as this, what they do with it is their own business. It takes time on their part, energy to focus in on what they are receiving and then a "translation". WHY would anyone EXPECT a "service" to be free?

...and the tagline here? I believe. I believe there is something else and that some people on this side are tuned in to some degree...and I believe that those that have gone before are there waiting for those left behind....and I KNOW that someone is waiting for me. I have a friend who is a medium and I paid for her time. No parlor tricks, no floating tables, no crystal ball...and I believe.

That said, I believe that if a person has a gift such as this, what they do with it is their own business. It takes time on their part, energy to focus in on what they are receiving and then a "translation". WHY would anyone EXPECT a "service" to be free?

Um, well in that case - how about I do a reading from my Celtic tarot cards? :):lol::lol:

Truth is that I don't like to do it for anyone else. I use the Jungian method of Tarot reading for myself.

I have only once done it for someone else - for free. You can say his father got to me first so it was hard to resist when his son asked for help. Kinda complicated story.

Cat

Hey, I paid a palm reader in New Orleans who told me I'd live to be 92...SOOOOOooooo...since I'll be here for roughly 66 more years, I'll have plenty of time to work on my skills...

I didn't say people don't do it for free, just wonder about someone who would EXPECT it to be free... Hell, a TELEPHONE ain't free, after all...same idea....

I was funning you Snowflake. (About you not the guy)

Two years ago, I hardly knew this guy I mentioned. I only knew that he had an extraordinarily troubled life. I agreed to read Tarot for him several times because 1) he asked and 2) because three different times his Dad asked me to help him. His Dad died in Northern Ireland 26 years ago. He was murdered.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Becky and Cat;

I have a really eerie palm reader story. She predicted this years ago, though it is only now that I can "see" what she was saying. She said I would undergo a drastic life change at about age 50. When I questioned her about it, she had a strange look, a look I can remember to this day and have remembered many times. I asked if it was a good life change and she said it was. Because I was a bit uneasy about the "look." I then asked her if I would have a long life, and she said "Yes, very long." But again her look was not the look I would say of joy. Maybe she meant eternal life?

Anyway, a year later, she told my friend to stay at her husband's side every minute for the next several months because he was going to be in an accident and she didnt "see" my friend as losing her life, only the husband.

About a month later, the two of them were driving to KMart to get diapers for their newborn grandchild (they were very young grandparents). On a city street, mind you. They were hit head on--the husbands' side of the car and he was killed instantly Margaret, the wife, lived, was not hospitalized, though she was black and blue at the funeral.

Off and on since then, I have fantasized about this change--sometimes seeing it as good and other times wondering about it in a more worried way--though not too worried. Just something in the back of mind.

Ok and for your sake Becky--maybe the change is that the cancer will be cured..... or at least controlled for many years.

I have had my palm read a couple other times before that and since, but this woman, was for real, I believe.

elaine

I was funning you Snowflake. (About you not the guy)

Two years ago, I hardly knew this guy I mentioned. I only knew that he had an extraordinarily troubled life. I agreed to read Tarot for him several times because 1) he asked and 2) because three different times his Dad asked me to help him. His Dad died in Northern Ireland 26 years ago. He was murdered.

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

In case this post is too obtuse I should probably mention that the father had been dead 24 years when he asked me to help his son (who I knew only vaguely). His son had seen him being murdered.

Elaine,

When I was a mere 17, a friend convinced me to come to a FT with her. I agreed but thought she was nuts. The FT couldn't get anything on my friend and apologized. Then she read my cards and palm. She showed me my broken life line, said I would almost die but would go on to live for many years and become very successful. I was told I would marry someone whose last name began with G. I didn't know anyone like that. (My married name begins with G - I met him 4 years later)

I did almost die of a rare brain disease at age 30. It was predicted by doctors that if I lived (which would be a miracle) I would never have full cognitive functioning and be unable to hold a regular job. As I mentioned, my IQ was tested in the 140s. I got into computers, was able to re-built old ones, design websites, learned web programming languages, etc.

I don't think I've been successful as our culture defines it, although many of the writers and artists I have published are people who have undergone extreme trauma (war, incest, abuse). Many have expressed such happiness that I helped them so maybe I've had some success, just not financially.

I was such a skeptic but it seems she saw something. I've come to believe some, though few, can see the future and 'know' spirits.

Cat

I was lucky enough to be able to go see John Edward when he was here in the Twin Cities.

Some of the things that happened that night were truely wonderful. Some of the people that were read were so happy. It was incredible to watch the expressions on these peoples faces. They were surprised and overwhelmed with the experience. He told them things that only they knew and had not shared with anyone.

I feel that some people have the ability to do what he does. I myself have had "visions" or "dreams". When I shared them with who I thought they were for, I was surprised by their reactions. My girlfriend asked me how I knew about her daughter. I just told her, she has been coming to me in my dreams asking me to tell you what I told you. Incredible is all I can say. My friend was so happy to "hear" from her little girl. It just gave me chills when she confirmed my dreams.

So do I believe he is able to do what he does.....YES.

Oh boy what a subject...well here goes and i'll probaly be whipped with a quija board.I personally think john Edward's is a fake,now i'm saying this out of the male gut feeling.I've noticed that like all so called public medium's they talk real fast and if you listen close enough you give them the answer's.Remember a certain faith healer a few year's back named Popoff that had believer's like crazy and packed the houses where ever he performed.If you do, you remember how he got caught,well technology in communication's has advanced even more so since then,so what i'm saying is put 2 and 2 together.

I too have had spiritual experiences along with other member's of my family.I can only say that severe grief can be taken advantage of just as the terrifying fear's of many desease's.From what i know of so called spiritualist and medium's the what i consider honest one's that truly believe in what they do,do not make it a buissness but rather a service that they feel is from God.The same goes with faith healer's.We do indeed live in the physical world and as such i believe there is a barrier between us and the spiritual world placed there by God and only crossed with God's permission and purpose.

Some one earlier said telephone service is not free so neither should medium's be in so many word's.Well with that anology then i guess God's grace's should not be free,i just happen to believe if a medium or spiritulist is truly a gift then it came from God and if one wish's to donate to there well being i have no problem with that,i just don't feel it should be a buissness......

Oh boy what a subject...well here goes and i'll probaly be whipped with a quija board.

A quija board? :shock::lol:

There was a Dateline show on him. In the show (I can't remember if this part was shot on film) he told one of the camera men something very personal about him. The camera man was astounded. Later they found he had been hanging around before the show, listening in on various conversations and had heard the guy telling someone else this info.

That's not to say he does not have the power of hearing or communicating with spirits. Not at all. But it makes you wonder.

As I've said (also ducking any whipping) I believe that some people can see into the future, can feel or hear or see spirits and can communicate in ways most people can't. But I am appalled at anyone who takes advantage of the bereaved or someone in pain - who prostitutes their gift.

Nooooooo! Don't hit me! This is only an opinion.

I have this tendency to overdo it when it comes to trying to protect others. People who post in the Alternative Medicine have surely seen this attribute (fault?) of mine. :oops: But I do realize that I don't have the right to make others decisions. I try to give info so they can make them and sometimes overdo the "help".

The bottom line: If someone or something makes you feel better - then go for it. Just be careful, okay?

Cat

Some one earlier said telephone service is not free so neither should medium's be in so many word's.Well with that anology then i guess God's grace's should not be free,i just happen to believe if a medium or spiritulist is truly a gift then it came from God and if one wish's to donate to there well being i have no problem with that,i just don't feel it should be a buissness......

The cynic speaketh (the cynic would be me): God doesn't have to eat, people do. God has no need for money, people do. Most shams are eventually found to be that and business dries up...the genuine articles normally stay "small" and have a devoted clientele along with some new additions - like a good hair stylist.

I don't agree with the big guys doing this in huge audiences that "get a reading" from someone I'VE never met, don't have any trust for, etc. Now, on the other hand, when the "reader" is a friend of mine that I haven't seen for a while who out of the blue calls me soon after my cancer diagnosis and wonders what is going on in my life because she was having VERY strong urges to contact me is something to pique my interest...

As for the reading I went to, it was a birthday gift for my husband. I COULD have gotten the reading for free, but I didn't, I insisted on paying the normal rate and received...well, let's just say there were things she shared with my husband that I had NO WAY of knowing. I have never met his parents, they died long before I ever met him - characteristics, innuendo, etc. was not something I could have shared with the medium, yet SHE KNEW. This tells me she DOES have a connection...

...and that doesn't even BEGIN to cover all the follow up facts. I'm a born cynic, NOTHING is free, trust is EARNED - not given...and I believe.

I also believe that if you have a skill, you should be compensated for it! Artists are paid, doctors are paid, judges are paid... People should be aware of where they are being led, not rush in on "too good to be true" offers, do research... A fool and his money are soon parted, let the buyer beware.

Becky

Snow flake i personally do not consider spiritualism or being a medium a skill,i consider it a gift meant to help mankind.Like i said earlier if one wishes to donate to them i have no problem with it.But tell me what school or investment like doctor's do in education and training are they required to take.What licensing do they have,in other word's one has only there word.But like you said BUYER BEWARE.....

Histrorically spiritism and medium's which seem to come and go in cycles has alway's turned out to be rent with fraud.Houdini never did send back his message nor been contacted.Remember the story in the new testament where the man died and wanted someone to tell his family or brother's about hell and of course the answer was no as he was told they did not believe the prophet's and moses so neither would they believe some one from the dead.And then it was also said there was a gulf between the rich man and the beggar so that neither side could reach each other.

Snow flake this going on was not directed at you personally but thank you for inspiring my thought's on all this.Oh how about a ghost story from my family.........well here goes,my grandparent's were very loyal to each other and no one ever recalled a cross word between them which included my Mother and her sister's.My Grandfather who worked on the Rock Island Rail Road came home and found my grandmother in a coma in which she never recovered from.Well a few years later my Grandfather who had suffered with emphasimia all his life and kept oxygen by his bed awoke one night with severe breathing problem's and my cousin who lived with him was awaken by my Grandfather's wheezing,Then he heard my Grandfather talking and then the next thing he new the pastor came rushing in the house wanting to know if my grandfather was alright as a voice had awakened him and told him to hurry to my grandfather's.The next day at breakfast my cousin asked my grandfather who he was talking to before the preacher showed up,my Grandfather said he was unable to reach his oxygen mask and was sure he was going to die when my GrandMother appeared at the foot of his bed smiling in such away he new he was alright and was asking her question's which she never answered and as quickly as the pastor entered his room she vanished......Hope i have'nt offended any one......

Larry

i personally do not consider spiritualism or being a medium a skill,i consider it a gift meant to help mankind.

Larry, I absolutely agree with you on this. It is a gift, not a skill.

Snowflake, no intent at all to say you are wrong in the way you feel. This is just a feeling personal to myself. Very personal. :)

Cat & Larry,

Neither of you are swaying my opinion, either. For cryin' out loud, PREACHERS get paid! Housing is supplied by the congregation, etc. It's NOT "free spiritualism", they make their living from it...

So I guess we can just agree to disagree and I ain't arguin' with you folks no more. I don't agree with you and that's it. I'm not mad and I've read your views - I don't share them.

No hard feelings, just a voice on the other side of the argument...

Becky

Becky guess "what" i too respect your opinion,your view on this has merit's and hopefully we can debate again as you are a very interesting and tough debater that has earned my respect.....But i'm sticking with my believe also ...

Larry