Hello

memere

Welcome memere,

You will lots of info here. Glad you joined us but sorry you had the need. There are others on here with vocal cord paralysis. Our first oncologist was also a jerk, so was the second, but as they say the third time was a charm. Wish you all the best.

Rochelle

sorry you had to find us, but you will find this is the best place to come for support. There are so many caring people here. Come often and let us know how you are doing. You will find in a very short time that we are like family.

Best of luck,

Shirleyb

Welcome Memere,

You have found the best site on the net as far as I and many others are concerned. We are a big family here and help one another in any way we can. We would like to help you also. Please share some more about yourself so like Don said we can help you. Look for an oncologist that you like and can trust. Will be looking for further posts from you. You sound mad and you have every right to be. Dont be afraid to vent here, we all have. It's part of the process. My prayers are with you.

God Bless,

Jane

Any chance you have a pancoast tumor? When you say vocal cord paralysis that is what rings my bell. With a pancoast tumor presure or involvement of the nerve can cause this. Is the tumor in the left apex of your lung? Way up high? This site decribes this sympton

http://www.emedicine.com/radio/topic515.htm

Donna G

Hello Memere,

Just want to add my greetings to the rest of the gang. You'll probably find yourself spending more and more time here (like me!), and it's a good thing. The caring, support and encouragement here are second to none.

Sorry you had to come and that you ended up with such a loser onc. on the first try. You'll be well prepared for the next one now.

Take care....

Hi Memere,

Sorry to hear that you have to go through this, but just know we all hear have been where you are now, and although you may feel that your world will never be the same, there is hope, and you' ll find it here. I myself have only one lung and to tell you the truth, I feel better than I have in years, yes I am short of breth but it's a small price to pay for all the wonderful other gifts God has given me, and I'm not the only one their are may others with stories that will give you hope.

In Christ,

Greg

Welcome to this family. If you are at all like me you are probably in shock right now. It took me a while to realize it was me and that it was not going away on its on. My profile is below. Once you get started with the fight you will feel better ..at least I did. If you have any questions or just want to vent...this is the place. Keep us in touch.

Nina