Good Morning

Good Morning,

Another newbie joining in with hopes of finding support and encouragement. My Mom was recently diagnosed with metastatic NSCLC. It was discovered after a growth in her leg was biopsied. The growth came up over about a three week period and grew very rapidly. She had surgery for the growth on July 7th. The biopsy came back as squamous cell carcinoma. After a series of chest/abdominal and pelvic CTs, masses were discovered in both lungs.

She is 76 years old and has decided against treatment. Her doctor says she is not a candidate for surgery and that chemo really wouldn't be that much help and would probably make her sick for the time she has left. I hope we have made the right decision. We have involved Hospice and have, what I believe to be, a great team. We're only a week in to the Hospice program, so time will tell.

I am her primary caregiver, she is living with me and will be for the duration of her illness. We have had a very close and loving relationship. It is my honor and privilege to help her on this last leg of her journey through life.\

I'll be checking in as time allows and as things progress. From the few posts that I've read you all seem like a knowledgable and supportive group.

Thanks in advance,

Paige

Babe's Daughter

Hi Paige,

I am truly sorry to her of your mother's cancer. Please let her know that she is in my prayers as are you. At this stage, I don't know what else any of us can do exept pray? You have our support and know that we are here for you both.

God Bless,

Greg [/i]

Paige,

I'm sorry you had to seek us out but VERY glad you found us.

I, too, am walking this path without recieving any chemo or radiation. There is a forum right here for those of us who have made that decision. It's called "The Path Less Travelled". Please feel welcome to join us there and please don't hesitate to ask the questions I'm sure are in your mind.

For now know that you and your Mom are in my prayers.

Dean

Paige: Hello , Sorry to hear about your mother, As for finding encouragement and support you have arrived at the right place this forum is the best place to come with any question and get an answer from that caring someone who has gone through the same thing as you or your loved one . Welome to the family....................Val

Hi Paige and WELCOME!

I'm so glad you found this site. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly that I think you will enjoy your stay very much. Fire away the questions as often as you want, and don't be afraid to ask, just talk, vent or laugh. We love to help as much as we can. I'm sorry that your mom has this disease, but you have come to the right place for support.

Please keep us posted.

God bless you and your mom,

Peggy

Paige,

Welcome to our family. I am sorry you have reason to find us, but glad you did.

May your journey be smooth and sweet. The time to make memories is now...

Becky

Thank you to all of you. I feel embraced by your warmth....that's important right now.

As for memories, we've had a lifetime of those....I truly feel blessed to have the mother I do...and now I'm able to pass so many of her blessings to my daughter.

I'm sorry that I had a reason to go searching, but I'm glad to find this corner of the world! These are tough times....but I believe with all of my heart that everything happens for a reason. I may not see it and it most likely isn't even about me, but whatever this road is about, it will take us where we need to be.

Paige,

I am sorry you had to search us out but glad you found us. Welcome to the family. We are here for you. Vent, cry, ask questions, share good news, laugh at our little jokes...just welcome. I hope your mother does well and is comfortable.

Nina