New Member Hello

annjael

Hi, I am Ann, and my husband Bill was diagnosed in Feb 2001 with sclc with no mets anywhere. It was a 6cm tumor, and after 5 rounds of chemo and radiation, as there was no change in the tumor, but still no mets anywhere, my husband was refused anymore chemo. He was weak had to go on procrit, and had a couple blood transfusions. My husband also was an insulin diabetic and had hepatitis C, but those were not a factor according to the oncologist, as those issues were under control. The main factor was that the tumor was still 6cm. I think the oncologist gave up on him. We didnt have the sense to try another oncologist, since he was about tops, and really the only one, in the area. We also didnt know enough, to question his decision. I think our minds were reeling from the dx, and all Bill was handling, he was so determined to beat this monster. I am sad to say, the monster won. I have been reading here for quite awhile, and it seems that many here have been given other drug protocols, and oncologists that dont give up.....Bless Them!!!!!! How I wish we had found this board, when he was diagnosed! We would have been much better informed, for the fight of his life. Bless this board!!!! There are such wonderful, loving, caring people here!! I pray for all of you. I pray for a cure. I am so proud to be a member of such a great group of people.

Ann,

I am so sorry that you found us so late, that just points up the true need that Katie and Rick have filled for us. You have found a family in us and I want to welcome you here. I also want to extend my deepest sympathy on the loss of your husband.

Blessings

Betty

Ann, welcome to the board. I am so sorry your husband lost his battle. This board is only about 2 years old (I think), so it would not have been around back then. It is a very unique board with its caring and support, plus much info. We appreciate you joining us and look forward to your posts. Don

Hi, Ann. How kind and brave you are to come and join this family so long after the loss of your dear husband. I was saddened to read your story, but it sounds like you have come to a point of acceptance. I sense no anger or resentment in your post, and the fact that you can come here and tell all of us that you are praying for a cure is just such a blessing to all of us.

Thank you, Ann. I'm glad you found us.

God bless you,

Peggy

Ann,

Welcome and I'm so glad you posted. Yes, there is much information and great support on this board. I live alone (well, I live with Hollywood) and I am comforted by the knowledge that I am only keystrokes away from someone who has gone through whatever I am dealing with. I know you will find comfort and give comfort in exchanging with members who are or may walk in your shoes.

Blessings,

Margaret