Gianni's update

Rosanne

I'm finally rested after three months of being on the go. The wedding went fine. Gianni felt ok. Mike and Janice looked happy and beautiful(I'm just a little biased). We stayed until 1:00.

Monday Gianni had chemo. We went back Tues for blood tests. His platelets were low before chemo-138 normal is 150+. We went back this Monday and he couldn't get chemo because his platelets were too low 28. We went back Wed -it went up to 38. We go again tomorrow. Maybe he'll get chemo next week. I was busy with Gianni's sister, brother-in-law, and neice. Thay came in from Italy on Friday5-30-went home Sat 6-7. It was great for Gianni-she has never been here. We had an enjoyable visit. Now Gianni is tired and doesn't feel good. It is so hard to remember that the chemo is doing this to him-I keep thinking it's the cancer.

Rosanne

What a beautiful picture, Rosanne. (My mother's name is Rosanne, and she always thought she was the only one who spelled it this way - without the e in Rose). Anyway, thats great everything went so well and Gianni got to visit with his sister. Its good to have happy occasions to celebrate. Just know you and Gianni are prayed for every night.

Rosanne,

I missed your posts but am so glad that you had a wonderful time at the wedding and with your guests. The picture is just beautiful.

Maybe Gianni is tired from all the excitement in addition to the blood prob.

Can they do a transfusion?

Rosanne,

Weddings are such a joyous time. I'm happy that things went well.

As far as the chemo, I know how hard it is to watch your husband go through it and think that it's the cancer making him feel so bad. I felt the same way when Bill was on carbo/taxol and then when he stopped those treatments and went on Iressa he felt great! Unfortunately it didn't help the cancer at all. So it's back to chemo again in a couple weeks. Bill refers to it as being in the "Chemo FOG".

Keeping you both in my prayers,

Peg

Hi Rosanne,

This is the first post I have seen on Gianne. It would be wonderful if all could go through the treatments feeling a lot better but that don't always work. Maybe the worse one feels the more the bad inside is getting zapped. I really thought my husband Buddy wasn't going to come out of the radiation treatments okay but today, one month later he is getting back to wanting to help himself gain strengh. Hang in there the sun will shine brighter this afternoon.... God bless.

Norme

-------------------

Husband Stage IV

nscls dx'd 7/31/02

nsclc surgery left lung removed along with 5 to 7 lymph nodes 9/11/02

Radiation and Chemo 10/02 thru 11/02

Radiation 12/02 - 2/03

2/03 meds to brain - - 10 whole head radiaion treatments

4/03 meds to bone - 10 radiation treatments

Rosanne

What a great picture. I'm sure Gianni totally enjoyed the entire event. Perhaps he is really tired from all the excitement. That is a lot after being through all he has.

Also, I was going to suggest Procrit. I took it and it sure made a difference on how I felt.

Hang in there and welcome back.