Alexander....

JoniRobertWilson

Last night, I was playing a CD with music that was played at Robert's funeral. Alex heard it and asked to watch the "movie" that was played at his funeral. It was actually a collection of photographs that was set to music. We went upstairs, put the DVD in and watched it. It was so painful. Just feeling his little body sob was gut wrenching. He seems to be doing ok, I am glad he let his emotions out and was able to cry. I'm also glad he's able to run around and play and cry. I'm starting his in a program called "Three Trees" for kids whose parents have died. It begins next month. Looking forward to hopefully finding a place where he can have help with all the emotions that must be trapped in the beautiful head of his.

I wish I could make this all go away.....it's unfair he lost his dad this young.

Joni,

It sounds like Alexander has the right idea - crying when it hurts. I hope you are allowing yourself that time, as well, and maybe even cry WITH Alexander so he knows it's okay to cry, even grown-ups do it when they're very, very sad.

My heart goes out to you both,

Becky

How wonderfull that you and Alex will be able to help other children who are going through what Alex is going through at this sad time.

I lost my mother when I was eleven years old. My Mum passed away in her sleep and that morning my father came into my roomand told me that she had "gone". I wasn't allowed to see her, in fact, I think she had already been taken away. Everyone was talking around me but no-one took me aside and explained things. On the day of her funeral I was left to baby-sit my two younger cousins while my older sisters and brothers attended. I remember the details of that day so well, particularly as there was an earth tremor that afternoon. The result of being left out of all this was an almost life-long fear of death and of losing my loved one's and friends. I think it is so very important that children be given extra special attention at times like this and that someone explains things to them in a kind and loving way and helps them through their grief. God Bless you for endeavouring to do this even though you are suffering yourself, I am sure it will bring you a lot of joy.

Lots of love,

Paddy

Joni,

It's unfair Alex lost his Dad this young but he is blessed to have you as his Mom. How touching that the two of you can cry and grieve together. He must be as much of a comfort to you as you are to him.

Hang in there and keep doing what you have been doing.

Love,

Terry

Joni

My heart goes out to you and Alex. As you may have read on other posts, I lost my mom a few days after turning 9. I think you are very wise to grieve with him and to find counseling for him. It is just too hurtful for a child to keep things inside. You are a wonderful mom and I am so sorry you have to have had such sadness in your life.

love and fortitude

elaine

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Joni, How wonderful that Alex has you for a mother - to see his pain and offer him hope with that program. I think he knows and will always know how wonderful a person you are and he will always love his dad. I'm sorry he has to go through this. I'm sorry you do.

Cat