mom in hospital

MJ

hi everyone,

my mom was admitted yesterday due to a sudden fever and chills. it turns out that she has a urinary tract infection. she has lost a lot of weight during the past few weeks while going through wbr and chemo (iressa), and the nausea isn't going away, even though the nurses have given her several diff't kinds of anti-nausea meds. if you could spare a free moment, i would really appreciate your prayers. i'm staying at the hospital with her (i just stepped out to get a few things from home). thank you so much in advance.

God bless,

mj

thank you all for your prayers. my family and i appreciates them so much.

i'm taking an hour break from the hospital. my mom is still there, and i'm continuing to spend the night with her. turns out that she has an infection from e. coli (i have no clue where she got it from since i'm particularly meticulous about cooking everything thoroughly :cry:). also, she has blood clots in her lungs (the docs think it's from all the bed rest she's been getting when going through wbr), so she's had difficulty breathing. the doctors and nurses have been amazingly kind and helpful though, so that has been a huge blessing. she's doing slightly better today than yesterday (her temp. has been normal all day, whereas it was fluctuating between 98-102 the past few days), so i hoping that the antibiotics are kicking in. another blessing is that she hasn't been in pain, and she's sleeping really well. she's still nauseated though, so she can't eat much which troubles me. hopefully she'll be eating regularly real soon.

thank you once again for all of your warm thoughts and prayers. they really are comforting through this whole ordeal.

God bless,

mj

hello everyone,

i'm taking a quick break again from the hospital. my mom had to be transfered to an in-network hospital which was inconvenient because it is far from my home. but the transfer went really smoothly, so we are grateful for that. my mom was also diagnosed with pneumonia too. :cry: it's just one thing on top of another. her spirits are high though, and we've had tremendous support from family, friends and church members. she just started to eat a bit more (besides just have boosts and prosures), so that's been a real blessing too. thank you all so much for all of your prayers, once again. i'm so grateful for them. my mom will be having a ct scan of her brain to make sure that the anti-blood clotting meds haven't affected her there (since she just finished wbr two weeks ago). and she's supposed to meet with a physical therapist tomorrow too. we are trying to stabalize her oxygen levels right now too. if you could spare a free moment to pray for those things in particular, i would be so appreciative. i have to head back to the hospital soon (i'm at a friend's house which is near the hospital for an hour break). thank you all so much.

God bless,

mj

hi everyone,

i hope that everyone had a really good weekend. i haven't had a chance to read all the new posts yet...i'll get to them in a minute. :D

thanks for all of your prayers. mom and i are back home from the hospital. starting tomorrow, a home-care nurse will be coming for the next week to administer my mom's i.v. meds and do blood tests. it was such a hard thing to organize my mom's departure from the hospital 'cause it's the weekend, and i couldn't get a hold of doctors, social workers, etc. grrr. but things seem to have worked out, and my mom seems to be feeling more comfortable at home. due to the steroids she received, her blood sugar level has been fluctuating (making her a drug-induced diabetic), so i have to call her primary doc to see if he'll prescribe something for that. i have been deftly afraid of needles all of my life, but due to being around my mom so much, i've gotten quite used to it (shocking, i tell you!). i learned how to administer insulin if i have to (but the nurses said that she'll probably just receive some sort of daily pill).

my mom's infections seems to be under control (no fever), but we are still concerned with the blood clots in her lungs. she had a colonoscopy done yesterday and a ct scan of her brain the day before that, and the docs agree that it seems to be okay for my mom to take the anti-coagulants. but now she has stopped chemo treatments, and i really don't know where we are going to go from here. we have to meet with her onco on thursday, i believe. i know that she is too weak to endure chemo right now (she lost so much weight), so i'm kind of lost.

i'm so tired too. yawn. but after being away from home for a week, the house is a wreak, and i need to get things organized again. me and my obsessive compulsiveness! :roll:

thanks once again for all of your prayers. it's such a blessing to have so many friends who can understand what i'm going through. :)

God bless,

mj

MJ

Thank you so much for the update...your mom has been blessed to have you around to see to things. I am glad to hear of her progress. The poor thing is probably all wore out from all those tests too...what a brave girl she has been! Hopefully, she will regain her strength so that she can tolerate more treatments. I know I am praying for her (and you) and that you both will continue to find solace in the arms of Our Dear Lord...

Blessings. Cindi