Help me welcome another Alabamian~~~~

Hello gang! I just wanted us to send out a warm welcome to another member of my family. He is a first cousin by marriage. He just found out that his father has lung cancer. He was diagnosed by pain in his back as many here were. Turns out, he has mets to the spine. Primary.........small cell lung cancer. My cousin's father is in the hospital right now........partly for pain control, partly for problems with lung function.

We all know how devastating this news can be and what my cousin is going through right now. I told him about LCSC. I told him of so many who are dealing with small cell lung cancer and doing great. Hopefully he will sign on and join us. I'm not using his name because I don't know if he will want to use his real name or make something up. :wink: Of course when he sees my ugly mug he will know this message is for him. Welcome~~~~

Much love~~

Angie

Darnit, Angie! I can't believe another member of your family has to deal with this! This might sound strange, but I can think of one positive - that you've now got someone else to talk to about things. I'm looking forward to "meeting" your cousin . . . is he in your neck of the woods too?

And a comment to Curtis - we Southerners might not have forks in our family trees, but that's okay, cause we've got such good qualities that we don't want to "intermingle" with the "rest of you." :wink: (And no, I'm not one of those who is still fighting the war - it's only a joke. Don't crucify me!)

Praying for us all,

TeeTaa

Thank you all! This is my hubby's first cousin's spouse. (does that make any sense? :lol: ) And Curtis, he wasn't any relation before marriage. (believe it or not :lol: )

I do hope he decides to sign on. I know that desperate feeling in the first few weeks and days. He needs us. (whether he knows it or not!) Even if he doesn't sign on and post, I do think he will see this message.

Thanks again gang!

Angie

Angie,

yes, how well we all remember those first feelings of fear and desperation. I hope your cousin by marriage will join in or even lurk for a while until he feels comfortable posting. But the best thing for him to do is jump right in, this is an amazing place

Kathy

Angie, I hope your cousin decides to join this group. Us Alabamians need to stick together.... who knows who's related to who!!! :D Gosh, just had to say that! :wink: I see that several people in this group are from Alabama.... is there something we don't know??? hmmmmmmm Anyway, your cousin will feel better and gain a lot of knowledge if he just wants to lurk for a while.

Hugs and Prayers,