Prayers PULEEZE!

kimblanchard

Hi All

I need some heavy duty prayers from all you good prayers out there. I have seen you work miracles before and I need one now. I just finished 6 rounds of chemo yesterday, (12 treatments) of Irientecan & Taxol and next Wednesday I go for my CT scan. I have had a little over 50% shrinkage so far, according to my last scan a month and a half ago but that is not remission! I need remission, please God! I have a feeling I will need more chemo, thats okay, I can take it, but remission would be so much better. I am feeling pretty good after a month of not feeling so well, from mid May to mid June. I seem to have more energy now and don't feel so queasy. Of course with my worry disease I start thinking that maybe the chemo isn't working anymore!

I just came back from doing a two day trade show for my busines that is very grueling and I did okay. Tired but not exhausted like I was after the last one in May. So far I have been really fortunate in that I have not needed any Procrit or other boosters because my blood counts have been fine and of course I haven't had to have any transfusions. I have not required hospitalization either yet for dehydration and for all this I am really grateful. So I have myself geared up in case I have to have more chemo at least I am in good shape to endure it.

I won't get the results until next Friday morning so it will be two days of waiting and worry. Will post when I get the results

Best

Bess B

Diagnosed 2/14/03 SCLC w/Mets to Liver

6 rounds Irinetecan & Taxol

50% shrinkage so far

CT Scan 7/16/03

BESS, YOU WILL BE IN MY PRAYERS TONIGHT. THE LIST IS GETTING SO LONG THAT I WILL HAVE TO HAVE MORE THEN 24 HRS IN A DAY...

50% SURE IS A LOT BETTER THEN 49% SO LOOK TO THE BRIGHT SIDE OF ALL OF THIS. YOU ARE WORKING WHICH IS A BLESSING, BECAUSE THAT KEEPS THE MIND BUSY. JUST TRY TO RELAX AND GO WITH WHATEVER COMES YOUR WAY. YOU CAN ONLY DO YOUR BEST AND HOPE THAT WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH.