Had a thoracentesis done today thoracentesis

cathyr

Wow. What an up and down week for me. I just got back from Philly. Attended my daughters wedding. That was great. On Wed., I had a CT Scan done with results that were not the best. It showed fluid on my left lung in particular. Had a thoracentesis done today. Wow! That hurts!! They took a half liter of lfluid out so I hope that helps with the SOB and maybe even some of the pain I've had on the left side. They want me to have an oxygen tank at home as well. A couple of masses got larger so I am now off the clinicall trial study. I wish I had never come home now.

I'm still in pain tonight, but expect to feel much better tomorrow.

Thank you all for being here and listening to me gripe! I'm ready for a big Texas sized margarita with salt!!

Hugs to you all,

CathyR

CathyR... you little dickens. You are not griping. I know griping when I hear it, and I didn't hear a word! Your attitude is wonderful. All of us can look to you for inspiration and take lessons on how to live with this disease.

I am so sorry that you are off the trial and that things are not looking like we have all hoped for you, dear. Shucks..Know what I mean?

Push over with that margarita I just fixed for you, I am coming to your side of the bar and having one with you... show me the wedding pictures. love you, Cathy.

love, Cindi o'h

CathyR,

I am so sorry you had to go through a thorencentesis. I know you must be feeling pain, especially when you breath right now. It will start to feel better usually the 2nd day after the procedure.

I am so sad to hear about your progression. What is your next plan of action? I'm sending prayers for you and keep up the good attitude. You inspire me.

TAnn

Cathy,

Just last night, I was researching to see when you last posted and saw you had asked for a hall pass. Hope you were able to enjoy your daughter's wedding. I'm however so sorry to hear that the trial isn't working and especially to hear that you are in pain. I sure hope that you will soon feel better and that there will be a new plan for you. Heading to Cindi's to join you guys in those Texas sized Margarita's - never had one, but I'm game. Know that my prayers are with you.

(((Hugs))),

Sue

Cathy,

Sorry you had to come home to that. Hopefully you had a good time at

the wedding. Where in Philly were you? I live 20 miles North of Philadelphia. Take care.

Cathy--

Glad to hear you had a good time at your daughter's wedding. But sorry to hear the party stopped when you got home. It's so disappointing when these trials don't work and you get removed. Hopefully, the oncs will have a new "game plan" for you soon that will be a success.

Saying some prayers for you in the meantime.

Gail P-m

Thank you all for your replies. I little more information here. I am feeling a bit better. Pain is subsiding. It was plueral effusion. No cancer cells found in the fluid. Over half a liter taken. Liver is good. Starting back on Taxotere next Monday.

Adrenal glands look good. NO masses according to this CT scan on adrenals.

Thanks for all your good wishes! Love to you and yours!

CathyR

Hi Cathy.

Great to hear from you again. Glad there weren't cells found in the fluid.

You are a trooper. Hope that you liked the margaritas ....yummy, eh? Really, before I started my treatment I went out and whooped it up with "some" margaritas and some loud music and some dancing and falling over a little bit! It is good for the soul when done up with friends who care. (And you can count on us!)

Good you have another plan of action. I had taxotere. It made me sick. But, then it helped to save my life...I guess. So. Clink clink.. here is to making you sick and saving your life!

love, Cindi o'h

I like your second post better 'n the first! :wink:

Glad to hear the good news part of all this....and that you're feeling a tad better. Congrats to your daughter...and I'm glad you enjoyed the wedding and trip!

We get some ups and then some downs, huh? Hope you get back on track with the Taxotere soon...and no more effusions to cause problems.

Sending all good thoughts your way, Cath...

Cathy,

Glad the fluid was clean, no cells. Praying the Taxotere will work, have you had Taxol? Both are good. I don't drink any more, but I do love virgin margaritas with salt. Cheers to you for your courageous fight. You are a special lady. Hang in there and please keep us posted. Your always

in my prayers...

God Bless and gentle hugs,

Karen

Karen