Been Lurking Too Long...Feel Like A Stalker <G>

Dazy

It has been hard for me to do this 'cause I've never had the state of mind to write the WHOLE story of what brings me here...and if I do at this point, this may never get posted :roll: but I felt kinda like a stalker - knowing all of your joys, heartaches, struggles, etc. and not even introducing myself.

Short version: Me: 41, Mom of five ranging from 26 yrs. to 2yrs. :shock: Ex-smoker (of many moons), as of 3 years ago. My Dad died of nsclc (adenocarcinoma of the lung, basically beyond a stage at dx - it was everywhere) Grandma was lung/larnyx (sp.) etc. My FIL is currently battling IIIb Squamous Cell, and I personally, am ridin' that d?#n merry-go-round called "wait & watch" for non-calcified nodules in my own lungs. They've narrowed them down to Valley Fever or malignancy...I STILL test neg. for VF...oh well...biggest one is still only .7x1 cm as of Feb...Next CT mid-May :wink:

Anyway, I have struggled with finding the words to tell ALL of you how impressed, and moved I am by your courage, and strength. When you are still chasing a dx it's hard to know where to express your fears, as you feel you don't really belong, and the posts I've read here, and challenges that have been so gracefully handled in your own battles, have helped me keep my perspective.

I was listening to the Eagles this a.m. and was, again, moved by the words to the song, "I Wish You Peace" - I can think of no better way to tell all of you what I would like to say, during our introduction. So, I'll leave those lyrics with you here. It's been great meeting all of you! Look for me on that merry-go-round...I'm the one on the pink horse with the question mark, chasing that big white horse with the DX brand on his a?#!!! :wink:

Eagles — I Wish You Peace

I wish you peace

when the cold winds blow

Warmed by the fire’s glow

I wish you comfort in the, the lonely time

And arms to hold you when you ache inside

I wish you hope when things are going bad

Kind words when times are sad

I wish you shelter from the, the raging wind

Cooling waters at the fever’s end

I wish you peace when times are hard

The light to guide you through the dark

And when storms are high and your, your dreams are low

I wish you the strength to let love grow on,

I wish you the strength to let love flow,

I wish you peace when times are hard

A light to guide you through the dark

And when storms are high and your, you dreams are low

I wish you the strength to let let grown on,

I wish you the strength to let love flow,

I wish you the strength to let love glow on

I wish you the strength to let love go on.

Love, Strength, & Hope!

Stacey

Welcome,that was beatiful Stacey. So sorry this beast has hit your family so hard. Keep watch on the nodules, hope and pray you have good news in May, please let us know. Donna G

Well Dasy, like Kasey who finally came out of the dark...Welcome, we are so glad to here from you.

Your fears is just like anybodys else's. You do not have to face them alone. And you sure have your plate full. You have gone through so much with that family history of yours, plus you FIL and fears for yourself.

You don't have to keep that bottled up inside. That is why we are here. You know that, we help each other.

We need people like you to come out of the shadows and let us help you. You in return help us... That is how it works.

Please people who are still lurking out there and we know there are many (look at all the views, compared to the small percentage of postings) come on out an introduce yourself. Stop lurking, join our civilization here. We would love to meet you.

As for you Dasy, let us know what is going on with you. What kind of testing have you had so far?

Keep us posted...

By the Way... EAGLES is one of my all time favorite groups, I love that song. Thanks for sharing that.

Maryanne

Stacey,

I just want to welcome you to the family . We are glad you decided to come in and join us. I'm so sorry so many of your family members have had to know this horrible disease and that you are on the "watch and wait" merry-go-round. It must be very hard, but you have a lot of supportive people here to wait with you now. Thank you for sharing and I love the song.

(((Hugs & Prayers))),

Sue

Hi Dazy and Welcome,

I can sure understand how you feel as I too lost several family members to lung cancer and am on the same watch and wait merry go round as you. I have multiple lung nodules also that are either valley fever or possibly metastatic disease. I have been waiting and going for follow up ct scans every 3-4 months and I think the mental part alone is going to make me sick. I also had surgery for a gynecologic malignancy last April so that is adding to the concern. Please feel free to e-mail me. Hang in there girl. We have kids to raise and need to keep a positive attitude. I know, easier said than done. :wink:

I too was a lurker it took a little while before I could pull myself together and put my story up. The support here is truly nothing short of a miracle. It is important to keep the faith. My prayers are with you and your family. Good luck with your next scan!