My Mom is gone

sherriot

I am afraid that I mostly took more than I gave with this board. Sometimes I'm just too private of a person to share my own story, but I have kept up with all of yours and prayed for everyone of you. thank you for allowing me to be part of this special place! Anyway, My dear sweet Mama passed away on Thursday morning April 28th-very peacefully with my sister and I each holding a hand. Thanks to all of you I knew what to expect and it it was a "good death". An extraordinary life as well, but-much too short!. Bless you all! Sherri

http://legacy.com/cjonline/LegacySubPag ... Id=3481670

Sherri,

So very sorry for the loss of your dear mother. I'm glad this board was so much help to you during her illness; please know we are all here for you during the days ahead also. So many here have already walked the path that is ahead of you, please draw upon their help/support if you need it. God bless.

Sher, your mom leaves an absoulutely beautiful legacy. She has accomplished in her young life, more than most of us could ever think of doing in a long lifetime. You must have been so proud of her.

Just being a female and going through college at that time was a feat in itself.

I feel I must say this. Thank you for reading our posts and sending prayers. But at the same time, I really wish you would have posted, just for us to give you support and just to get to know you on a more personal level.

You see, you helping so many of us with prayers is is greatly appreciated, but if we don't know you exist then we can't help you. That is not fair to you. And I find it sad and frustrating, I wish we could have helped you to through this.

I have noticed that we seem to be getting more and more people from the shadows who are starting to post. That is sooo great!! By all means...keep it coming.

Please people don't hide, please let us help you.

Sher, please accept my condolences to you and your family for the loss of such a lovely lady.

Always hold your memories of her deep within your heart and she will live on in you forever. Till one day you will meet again and that will be a blessed event.

What a lovey way for her to pass, with holding the hands of her babies... She is very contented and at peace.

Peace be with you Sher,

Maryanne

Sherri,

I am glad you found comfort reading here. And I do understand your not posting until now. I think I would have done the same. What a life yur mother had! I was awed by her accomplishments. You must have so many memories to carry you through this most difficult time. She sounds like she was just an amazing woman. I feel that she felt amazed she had such a daughter as yourself.

I am praying there be a quiet in your heart to replace the hurt that is there very soon.

Kasey

• 2 months later...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. You are all so right! It is important for me to give back to the community. I hope to be able to do so soon. Anyway, you are all great and your kind words have helped me more than I can say. Thank you!

Sherri

Sherri

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Mom. She seems like she was a wonderful, caring, giving person and lived her life to the fullest.

My deepest condolences to you and your family

I am so sorry I am late on offering my sympathy--somehow I missed this post