My dad

Nicky

When I first dicovered this site in about January I couldn't bring myself to visit this particular board... and I find it hard to believe that this is now the appropriate place for me to be posting.

My family lost my dad on 24th April, much sooner than we feared. He fought with incredible courage and dignity until the end. There is not much comfort to find in losing someone so young and so good but I can at least be grateful that we were all with him at the end and that I spent as much time as I did with him in his last months.

People say that it will hurt less with time but I hate the way time is already marching on regardless of the enormity of what has happened, and that it's already nearly 2 months since I saw my dad. The thought that years will pass without seeing him again is hard to bear.

I don't visit this site as often as I used to but I do drop by and I think of you often. This place was a great source of support, information and hope and I'd like to thank you all for that. Keep up the good fight, you all deserve to win.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. My father died 11 years ago from a brain tumor. The terrible, aching grief that just knocks you down does get better in time, but it takes that time. I think it hit me the worst a few months after he died, when one day I thought to myself even if I wait 10 years I am never going to see my father again, like maybe I was hanging onto some kind of hope it was all a terrible mistake. All I can say is the first year and anniversary is really rough. But time and life does go on and the sadness will always be there but it just becomes part of you and not the all of you. You will get to that place too. Peace.

Karen H

I am sorry as well that your having to go through this. I lost mom and dad to LC 9 months apart. then just 2 months ago i lost my beloved father in law to lc and the day we burried dad, my sister was dx;d with breast cancer.

we just passed dads 1 year anniversary on June 8 moms 2 year anniversary is coming up on 8/15 (we burried her on my birthday).

I can't tell you how much time it will take to stop hurting so deeply, I still do.

let time pass and cry when you need to.

shelly

My deepest sympathy to you on the death of your Dad. I recently lost my Mom and I can sympathize with your pain.

I also want you to know that you deserve to win, too. I realize that you must do it without your Dad in your every day life - but you deserve to go on to live a good life, filled with happiness and bolstered by wonderful memories. I pray that you find peace and that the pain eases.

Kel

I'm very sorry for the loss of your father.I do hope that time will bring you peace and comfort.

I am very glad you were able to spend as much time with him as you were able to.The time my kids spend with me is so valuable to me and I'm sure it meant a lot to your father as well.

I am so sorry you lost your Dad. It is so very difficult. I will share these words that I posted quite a long time ago... "It does not get any easier, you simply become stronger." I found this to be very true.... Daddy will be gone 6 months in a few short days and the enormity of his absence is still overwhelming. I pray for you - I pray for us all. Love, Sharon

I too am sorry for your loss. Time doesn't heal all wounds but it does help us to begin to think about all of the good times we had with our loved one instead of just the terrible ending. My parents are both gone. My father for almost 30 years. I still miss him but remember him as a stong and brilliant physician rather than a sick man. He died at age 56. I hope that time will do that for you. Our parents can never be replaced but if we listen to our hearts we will remember all kinds of inspiration that was spoken by them over the years. Let that help guide you life now.

Nina

Hi Karen,

So sorry for the loss of your dad. I pray that your pain will lessen in time. Always keep the memories of your dad alive in your heart and your memories of him will always be there ever time you take a breath.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne