Just Feeling Down.....

Ann

Just feeling down and thought I would post the words to a song I heard a few minutes ago that holds such special meaning for me. This song always brings tears but also makes me realize that if there had been no pain, there would neither have been any joy.

The Dance

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared beneath the stars above

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I the king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

Oh Ann, I love that song too. Usually makes me cry. But I love what you said "if there had been no pain, there would neither have been any joy." I try to cheer myself up somedays by thinking the same thing -if it hadn't been so good, it wouldn't hurt so bad.

I had dinner last night with two friends who have also lost their husbands. One friend was talking about another friend of hers who came home from volunteering at the cancer center last Thursday and thought her healthy husband was just taking a nap. He wasn't. Apparently the woman was the one that had cancer and they always thought she would die first. My friend observed that the husband would have been so devastated and lost without the wife that this was probably better. We discussed that angle for a while and came up with this thought - perhaps our loved ones would have been in such indescribable pain if we had died that we are here so they don't have to be here feeling this pain! Now, is that twisted, or what? So, we all looked up at the same time, and told our loved ones that "this was for them, no thanks needed!". Trying to find a little levity to make the day easier.

Just let Dennis know there is no extra charge for this service you are providing him! It was already paid with his amazing love for you.

Hope the night is better,

Lynne

Oh Ann,

I know, my mom has been really down..I have been x-tra sad these past few weeks too, I know its the holiday season..Sometimes it just hits you like a ton of bricks..I keep seeing my dad in his famous Christmas stockings.. Hope your day is better tomorrow.

XO

Ann, I often think of the words you said to me "they are still alive in our hearts"..Please know that I am sending lots of hugs and many prayers with hopes you feel better..The holidays are very hard, but together we will all get through them..

Strength is in numbers, lets all stick together and we will give each other strength and comfort..

Donna

XOXOXOXOXO

Thanks guys! I can always count on my LCSC friends to get my spirits lifted. You are all so very kind and understanding and you make me realize that I am not alone in my grieving! I am feeling much better today and plan on keeping very busy for the next three weeks. I plan on putting forth all of the effort I have to actually remember good times and not dwell on the bad. When I stop and count all that I have to be grateful for, I am amazed. God gave me 25 years with a wonderful husband who I learned so much from. Dennis would not want me to be down and depressed, especially during the holidays. Christmas was his absolute favorite time of year and although I'm alone, I'm sure Christmas from his view must be truly amazing!!! Besides...I will never be alone as long as I have friends like all of you! Thanks for the boost!

Well Ann it is my turn. You are always there when my bad time comes. Like you said we are here to take eachother by the boot straps and drag along. You only have a few more days then you will be past "the day". It does get easier after that. You are strong and we both know that Dennis knows and is not far away. Hang on my friend we know that the ride didn't stop 3 years ago. It just keeps going and going but there are some ups now at least instead of all downs.

I have been feeling a little down this evening myself, and I shouldn't because my parents are coming out with my nephew. But part of me knows it should be my sister who is bringing him to visit his Tante Lynda for the first time.

Reading the forums and seeing all the love and support here really brings tears to my eyes, though. You should allow yourself those moments as long as you don't drown in them.

I am glad you are feeling better and I send a virtual hug to you as well.

Ann,

Everyone goes through that time of needing support and encouragement, especially during the holidays when we are missing the loved ones that are no longer with us. (physically I mean)

I love that song too. In fact, I have a cd with that song here at work. Gonna listen to it now.....

I'm so happy to see your second post, and I hope that you have a much better day today.

Sending you lots of warm hugs your way,

Melinda