In Memory of "Daddy" 12/14/04

sharyn

To my support group friends:

Tomorrow December 14th will be the anniversary of Daddy's passing (one year)... I wrote the following and sent it to my immediate family members.. I feel as if you have become my family also and wanted to share it with you... Love, Sharon

In memory of Daddy on his first anniversary in heaven:

Peace is not something you wish for; it is something you do, something you are, something you give away.

The bittersweet tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.

There were no words unsaid, or deeds undone. We said and did them all, together.

Look at everything as though you were seeing it for either the first time or the last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory. We must look back, so we can learn how to look forward.

Daddy was a wonderful man who is missed terribly. We can shed tears that he is gone, or we can choose to smile because he lived. We can close our eyes and pray that he will come back to us, or we can open our eyes and see all he’s left behind for us. Our hearts can be empty because we can’t see him, or we can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

We can cry and close our minds and turn our backs, or we can do what he would want us to do: smile, open our eyes, love and go on.

Daddy your song has ended, but the melody still plays on and on. And we will all be together again.

He would want us to come to him not in grief, and not to shed a tear, because from us, he has not really gone. Daddy would want us to be happy in our hearts and look for him in every gentle whisper of the wind. For there is where he is.

He has given us so many signs and that’s how we know that an Angel has truly touched us. Daddy, thank you for bringing heaven into our lives.