Need a favor from all of you for Tim

Tim'sKathy

Tim is really really depressed today...he has extreme fatigue from the radiation treatments for his brain mets and the decadron is making him anxious. He has been weepy most of the day and that is SO not like him. I called the Onc on call and she said that it was from all the medication..the emotions and the fatigue. Thank goodness Tuesday he will be 1/2 through radiation and they will start to wean him off the Decadron....

Here is the favor.....

I have not yet been able to convince him to go to a support group or come here, but if you all could send him a little post of encouragement I am going to print this out and have him read it...the more the better !

Thanks everyone...I sure can use your help on this one....

Love ya all !

Kathy

Tim --

I wish you'd have a look at this Message Board. It's full of wonderful people who support each other. No one can go or should go this journey without lots of support. I feel like I know you through Kathy's posts and have been following your ups and downs which we all have. We call it a "rollercoaster ride." Whether or not you want to post on the Board is up to you but it won't hurt to have a look or to go to a group in your community where everyone is in the same boat.

Thinking of you and hoping you'll seek some support.

Prayers and thoughts are sent your way.

Gail

Hi Tim,

I'm about to begin brain radiation myself. It has really helped me to come to this message board and read about other people's experiences who are going through the same things. Everyone is so kind and understands what we are dealing with. You are lucky to have a wonderful wife who loves you so much to support you through this. I hope that you will visit and maybe let us know first hand how you are doing. We are all wishing the best for you and Kathy.

Jenny

Hi, Tim! Kathy has made you real to all of us and I'm hoping and praying, as a cyberfriend, that you hold on to the fight and the hope. My wife, Lucie, is in the hospital right now with serious pneumonia, and she and I made a pact that we will fight this together and she will get well. So, Tim, let's have a pact and fight this thing together, buddy. Blessings. Don

Hello Tim,

I hope you will decide to join us here on the message board. Your wife is a wonderful person who cares deeply for you. This board will provide you with people who are going through the same thing you are and can relate to your feelings. It would be a honor to have you as part of our "family".

Hope to see your soon!!! :D:D

Susan M.

Hi Tim,

You need to join us more often. This board was my lifeline when my father was diagnosed in May of this year with Stage IIIa adenosquamous carcinoma. It is in one node and he was to have 8 treatments (he is now on treatment 6), then a CT scan. But many weeks he was delayed due to low platelets. His bone marrow took a beating the last 4 years with his two bouts of non hodgkins lymphoma. The reason Im telling you all this about him is that he has been through a lot like you have. I wanted you to see that even when it looks bleakest it can still turn around. So, back to my original advice, come here talk to others so you dont feel so alone. Prayer and this board have been my strength, I dont know what I would do without either of them.

Dear Tim,

I feel like I already know you through Kathy. She has a very nice picture of you posted on the website. I think of you often and pray for all of us to get well again.

About depression. I cried for the first 6 months after diagnosis. I had such deep sadness and was just desolate. I finally found a medication that worked for me and slowly started figuring out how to live with lung cancer. I was diagnosed 25 months ago! The one nice thing that I have learned is that even in adversity, there is joy.

I'll be thinking of you and hope you decide to read and or post to the board.

Sincerely, Ada

Hey, Tim. I have a Tim too. I wish you would join us here, there is so much good information, support, laughs. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found all these people!

Decadron can make people very emotional. Our doc told us about one of his patients who was weeding his garden and crying because he was killing the weeds! He said he knew is was silly, but he just couldn't stop feeling sorry for them. :lol:

Please just take a quick look at the site.

Annie

Hi Tim,

When I first joined this message board I was so unaware of what to expect. After posting my first post I had so many warm people I have never met cheering my dad and me on. This site is absolutely fabulous.

What I love so much is that I know that when I am scared the most I can just log on and have the support I need given to me. I love my family so much but it is here where I feel the most supported. Even just the knowledge that there is someone out there caring about my father and me makes me feel so comforted.

My dad is currently going through radiation and chemo together and my goodness does it ever take its toll. Hang in there my friend, it just means that its doing its job!

We may not have ever met, but I feel like I know your story through your loving wife Kathy. You are in my prayers.

Love Tracy

Hi Tim,

We are all in this fight together, this board has been such an emotional lift for me. If you can, you should come here often to read the many success stories. You and my husband are both undergoing radiation for brain mets and Kathy has been a huge help to me as we progress through this. This thing is beatable!!

Hi Tim,

Please read my bio. You can see that my darling Earl has been through the ringer. Two surgeries, two rounds of radiation and the cherry on the top was 3 rounds of chemo.

And guess what, this weekend, we went out to dinner with friends of fri night, baby sat our 5 month old grandson sat. night and went to friends house on sunday for swimming and dinner.

The real world returnth and this can happen to you too. Zolft is working for Earl.