Letter to My Mom

hollyanne

Someone suggested I write a letter to my mom to be sure that nothing goes unsaid -- the one benefit of this terrible disease...is that i know I will have said everything I want to. I gave this to her the night before I gave birth.....I thought I would share it with you all.

Mom –

On the night before I become a mother (hopefully!), I want to share my gratitude with you. You have been so much more than a fantastic role-model, you have been my rock and my best friend. If I can be even half the mother to baby C that you have been to me, I will be a huge success.

I find it hard to adequately express my feelings about our relationship – I truly believe it is unlike anyone else’s. You have been my biggest supporter through every dumb and smart thing I have done! The guidance you have provided through thick and thin is something I will take with me through every relationship or challenge for the rest of my life. I can never repay you for it.

For 38 years, I have known that I could turn to you for anything and you would be non-judgmental, loving and truly my best friend who has always had my best interest at heart. But more than that, you have taught me what it means to be compassionate, empathetic and most importantly a spiritual being. Your faith is a testament to every one who knows you, but for me, it has been something to emulate and something to strive for. It is the greatest gift you could have ever given me. I am so proud of you and honored that you are my mom.

The last five months have taught me more about our relationship than I ever thought possible. The conversations we have had are so precious, and awe-inspiring, that they bring tears to me eyes every time I recount them. As shi##y as some of this time has been, I will cherish it forever. The peace that you have given me in unfathomable and the grace you have shown is totally God-inspired. I know that no matter what happens and whenever it happens that you will always be an angel who sits on my shoulder. I can honestly say I have no doubt of that and find such utter comfort from it.

So, mom I will be thinking about you tomorrow and can hardly wait for you to hold a beautiful baby girl in your arms. You are my idol and my inspiration.

Love,

Holly

Oh Holly, that is a beautiful letter...I feel your pain and I wish I could help you..Your mom must be a special person, she made you just as special..May Our lord grant you the peace and comfort you need from this day forward. Please know I am here for you..

Love,

Donna

Dear Holly,

What a wonderful letter for any Mother to recieve. if I was you're Mother That would have meant more to me than anything in the world. There is just nothing like a Mother's love. You showed you're Mom that and now you have a precious Daughter of your own. I am sure she is so proud of you, in what you have become and I am also sure she is estatic with her new Grand Daughter. I pray your mother has much more time to spend with you and you're new baby girl.

God Bless you all,

Jane

Your letter brought me to tears.

I'm sure your Mom will respond likewise only much more so. Your letter is so heartfelt and confirms, all she aspired for you, came true. She wants to be your rock and you eloquently validated her fulfillment. I want to be the same for my daughter and you will want to be the same for yours.

Thanks Holly for sharing and I wish nothing but the best for you and your Mom...

Holly,

That is so touching and moving. I felt a big lump in my throat reading your post. I've read your posts and so sorry you have to be here and I'm so so sorry that your wonderful mother has to go through this. I understand your posts so much and have been there and can just relate just so much It makes me miss my mom, but you just reminded me of to what extent I loved my mom. No one can take that love away. I could have written the same things to her. What blessed children we are.

Oh Holly,

What a beautiful and loving letter to your mother. Thanks for sharing it with us. I am so sorry for your pain, I know so much of what you are going through. I wrote my mom a similiar letter and gave it to her at the birth of my daughter (her one and only grandchild). I never felt like I left anything unsaid with my mom. I know she knew how much I loved her and how very much she loved me. I send you strength and peace during these difficult days.