Getting to Know You - January 26

Ann

I thank God for the many blessings that I have been given and I give my pain over to him and coontinually pray for peace. It works!!!

To go along with that:

I sometimes take a long bath with a lot of bubbles and a glass of red wine.

(Lock the door, light the candles and turn on the mood music and let calgon take me away)

Watch the movie "Superstar"--It can always make me laugh.

Play toys and games with my little boy.

WOW--the list goes on

Im Bad I know, but I shop and shop some more. ALthough I am just as bad about returning the things I have bought the next day or later, when ive realized I didnt need anything I bought, I have been known to spend 2 hours going thru superwalmart, filling my buggy,trying on clothes, whatever then taking just as much time to put it all back. I feel better though and I have spent sometime alone. Time alone though is usually all i need. I savor the evenings when mom is doing good and my daughter is spending the night with a friend. No one needs me for the moment and I have the house all to myself, i love the peace and quite.

Kim

Like Kim, I always cheer myself up by going shopping. With me, shopping doesn't always constitute buying. Shopping and buying are two different animals. Shoppping gets me out in the world and around people. It takes my mind off my problems and often, I see people so less fortunate than I am. Then, I feel guilty for feeling "down." Hey....anyone want to go shopping with me and Kim? I know Ginny is up for the trip!!!!

I'm in Ann. When things get tough, the tough go shopping! :lol: Like you, I don't have to buy..just love to get out and look. Now if I do buy that does really cheer me up! I go to a great antique shop on Saturdays and I love it when I find something.

I like to go for a walk and meditate. When I see all of the beauty of nature I realize that only God could have created what I see. I feel closer to Him and that reminds me that no matter how bad things get He is in charge and will give me what I need each day. That leads to counting my blessings and I realize how much I have to be thankfull for no matter how much I have had to endure.

Ann, I always have my shopping shoes on. I can just meander around a mall but really like to meander in a small town's shops.

I also love a mani/pedi but I indulge and get them often.

But, on a cold winter's night, I love to lie in a hot tub with a diet coke (I know this is the Pinot Noir freak), a chocolate truffle (just one) and a good book. Then get out and bundle up in good flannies.

But shopping is the best.