Results from WBR and not good, need prayers

lindy

Last August, my doctor told me "6-9 months". Three months later, brain mets were discovered, and the doctors recommended wbr. I chose not to do wbr due to the side effects, and instead went to a Gamma Knife Center. In November I had 22 tumors treated with gamma knife in a 1-day visit. Over the last 4 months I've had 3 more treatments, for a total of 44 tumors successfully treated. The process was painless, with no side effects after 5 full months. My gamma knife doctor (Dr.Wolf) is the greatest! His website is www.miamineurosciencecenter.com

Regarding the prognosis, tell Mike the doctors are just quoting averages, and he doesn't have to be "average". Only God knows when it's our time.

Good luck and God bless.

Kim

Hi Linda,

So sorry to hear the news about your husband.

Reading Kims post above, maybe that could be another treatment, the gamma knife. Wouldn't hurt to read up in it and many fine a doctor who specializes in this. This may give us guys some hope.

But whatever you decide, we are always here for you, no matter what.

Prayers sent to him and you for strength to get through this.

Maryanne

Sending Prayers From Greensboro, Remember yesterday, Cherish today and pray for tomorrow. PM me if You need anything.